Dedicated and quality-oriented Cognos Report Developer/Information Analyst eager to contribute exemplary technical talents toward supporting a progressive organization in optimizing performance.
Proficiency in using reporting tools such as Cognos, SAS and Crystal Reports.
Skilled in finalizing reporting specifications and completing reporting development deliverables.
Experienced in teaching university-level data structure and programming using C and C++.
Able to install Informatica PowerCenter Server in Unix, configure Repository Server in Oracle or MS Server, build staging areas, mappings, or workflow using Informatica client tools in Windows, and write Unix shell scripts.
Offering significant leadership in data warehousing, data mart construction, software and database conversions, data mapping, SFA integration, and reporting on market share metrics and 3rd party sales.
Solid knowledge in Base SAS data analysis specific to the healthcare industry.
Adept at creating cube using Powerplay Transformer and performing data modeling for reporting or data mining using Cognos Framework Manager.
Able to create scorecards using Metric and use Cognos Report Studio and Analysis Studio.
Data Warehouse Applications: Informatica clients, PowerCenter, and Repository, SQL*plus, PL/SQL, TSQL, Crystal Reports, J2EE, Cognos 8, Framework Manager, PowerPlay, PowerPlay Transformer, SAS, SAS/Miner, SQL Server Integration Services 2005, Microsoft DTS, CA Erwin, Relational Rose
Database Technologies: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Visual FoxPro, Access, Excel, XML, DB2/UDB
Programming Languages: SQL, SAS, Visual Basic scripts and UNIX scripts, VBA, Java, JSP, JavaBean, C, C++, PowerBuilder
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP/MS Server 2003, Linux, Solaris UNIX
Object Solutions, 2008 to Present
Project: Retail Sales Data Warehouse
Apply dynamic organizational strengths toward precisely translating business requirements into mapping specifications, and acquiring data from sources such as flat files, XML, Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server, and SAP.
Proficiently create ETL code, seamlessly integrate data into data warehouse, and write UNIX scripts to maintain files, efficiently orchestrate workflows, and send notifications.
Conduct performance tuning and migrate legacy ETL code from MS DTS to Informatica.
Micro Data Solutions, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Co-op), 2007
Project: Education Marketing Analysis
- Extracted data from Microsoft Access, Excel, and flat files via SAS Access, SAS/SQL, and SQL.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
- Generated ETL scripts to control data quality and clean data using SAS Base, and demonstrated exceptional skills in using tools such as PROC FREQ, PROC TABULATE, PROC GPLOT, and SQL.
- Leveraged statistical approaches such as significance test, ANOVA (analysis of variance), GLM, SAS, and SAS Miner to meticulously assess and enhance call center operational efficiency.
- Extensively utilized Excel, VBA, Crystal Reports, and SAS technologies to prepare reports and documentation.
Project: Food Baskets Analysis
Extracted data from database and flat files using SQL and Base SAS, and developed ETL and SQL scripts to create customer segmentation and convert data.
Performed complex basket analysis to predict segmentation, department lift, customer potential, and seasonal shopper data.
Concisely organized findings via Excel, SAS, Macro, and VBA.
Computer Centre of NingBo University, China, 1993 to 2006
Analyst & Programmer
- Relied upon to maintain complete campus network serving hundreds of thousands of end users.
- Designed and developed software solutions for business, research, and education markets.
- Effectively interpreted and translated requirements into 400+ mapping specifications for Beer Retail Sales Company.
- Developed and implemented ETL for beer retail sales data warehouse project via Slowly Changing Dimensions Type 2 (SCD) and Informatica.
- Merged Erwin, Relational Rose, Oracle 9i, J2EE, XML, C, and Visual Basic on Unix, Windows 2003, and XP platforms to assemble reusable resources database for West area of China.
- Built Assessment Information System using Erwin, MySQL, VB, and SQL to solicit and organize expert guidance on optimum economic model development.
- Created auto components warehouse database using Erwin, MS SQL server, and Visual Basic.
- As Programmer, deployed several database relationship systems using PL/SQL, T-SQL, PowerBuilder, C, XML, Excel, VBA, and TCP/IP protocols.
Postgraduate Diploma in Data Warehouse, Toronto College of Technology, Canada
Bachelor s Degree of Engineering in Electronic Computers & Application, Xi an Institute of Technology, China
SAS Certified Base Programmer
SAS® Certified Professional Program
Cognos 8 BI, Query Studio, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Impromptu, PowerPlay & Transformer, BI Transformer (Framework Manager), Metric and Scorecard
SAP BI/BW Data Modeling
J2EE Web Service and Application
OOAD for Business Analyst using Erwin, Relational Rose
Oracle 10g DBA Workshop
Canadian Security Course
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!