~ Eager to contribute exceptional Program Management talents and a dedication to Community Health and AIDS Relief toward supporting a dynamic organization in achieving goals and objectives. ~
Bilingual (English and Portuguese) with intermediate skills in French, excellent academic credentials and an outstanding blend of strategic planning, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Combine polished leadership and team-building capabilities to train, mentor and manage highly productive personnel.
Highly methodical with demonstrated abilities in conducting research, compiling statistical data, and navigating fundraising and grant administration activities.
Maximize positive outcomes by establishing linkages with local resources, driving health education and promotion, serving as an advocate, and cultivating cohesive and cooperative relationships.
Highly skilled in reporting/documentation, budget management, and compliance.
Significant experience in supporting PEPFAR (President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief) programs and efforts in Mozambique.
Certified Contracts/Agreements Technical Representative.
Recognized by USAID in 2009 with Special Act Award for exhibiting exceptional professionalism and dedication.
Presented with Certificate of Appreciation by USAID in 2007 for outstanding teamwork.
USAID/Mozambique C Maputo, 2007 to Present
Community-Based Support Specialist
Provide critical guidance to PEPFAR team in administration of community-based care program with combined budget of approximately US$35M encompassing Home-based Palliative Care, Orphans and Vulnerable Children.
Demonstrate exemplary leadership expertise in mentoring, motivating, supervising and managing three team members.
Expanded care for beneficiaries and improved coordination among implementing partners by analyzing, modifying and strengthening OVC and HBC portfolio.
Drive collaborative efforts among technical and policy-level counterparts in Ministry of Women and Social Action to ensure buy-in and leadership of defining minimum services standards for OVC.
Leverage well-developed analytical, organizational, and critical thinking abilities to formulate in-depth plans for long-term implementation of USG community-based PEPFAR programs.
Co-chaired USG Inger-Agency Technical Working Group for Community Care, successfully fortifying cooperation between USG agencies, donor, NGOs, and Ministry of Health and Ministry of Women and Social Action.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
U.S. Embassy C Maputo, 2005 to 2006
PEPFAR Small Grants Coordinator
- Applied substantial talents in program administration toward managing PEPFAR programs and small grants, meticulously tracking spending, and closely monitoring grant performance.
- Proactively planned and orchestrated inter-agency effort for drafting HIV/AIDS workplace policy more closely aligned with disease prevalence in Mozambique.
- Reported to Ambassador and Economics/Political Officer on government and NGO meeting outcomes in absence of PEPFAR Coordinator.
JustaPaz-Centro de Estudo e Transformação de Conflitos, 2002 to 2005
- Spearheaded design, implementation, evaluation and administration of programs to optimize and achieve conflict mediation.
- Project-managed initiative funded by PEPFAR, strategically partnering with pastors and church leaders to address and eliminate stigma and conflict related to HIV/AIDS.
- Cultivated, nurtured and maintained unified working relationships with key officials at Ministry of the Interior, vital to seamlessly integrating conflict mediation training for police and local government.
- Exercised sharp prioritization skills to devise comprehensive strategic plan, implementation plan, and quarterly and annual reports for donor projects in both Portuguese and English languages.
- Championed fundraising activities to secure funding for three years of five-year strategic plan.
Escola Secund ria de Cambine (Morrumbene, Inhambane), 2001 to 2002
Board of Education, New York, USA, 1999 to 2001
Middle School Teacher
Citibank, N.A. , New York, USA, 1995 to 1999
Relationship Associate, Global Relationship Bank
The First National Bank of Chicago, New York, USA, 1994 to 1995
Marketing Assistant, Securities and Commodities Division
The Industrial Bank of Japan, New York, USA,1990 to 1994
Loan Administrator, Corporate Finance USA
MS Degree in Education, Brooklyn College, City University of New York, USA, 2000
MA Degree in Economics, Baruch College, City University of New York, USA, 1991
Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access), Microsoft Project
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!