Seeking entrance into Master s Program in Primary Education at California State University, Los Angeles.
Leverage a variety of teaching methods to accommodate diverse learning styles, cultures, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Effectively develop and administer curriculum and lesson plans tailored to students' age, needs and ability levels.
Easily engage a young audience through enthusiasm, energy, and differentiated instruction.
Able to integrate technology into curricular initiatives to enhance delivery, impact, and comprehension of lessons.
Apply professional demeanor toward positively representing the school district to parents and community, playing a key role in building critical relationships.
Cultivate a safe, supportive, comfortable and secure learning environment to foster the academic, social, and cognitive growth of students.
Sound knowledge of supervisory practices, classroom management strategies, and appropriate student discipline.
Superior multi-tasking abilities; gracefully balance competing and simultaneous priorities.
Los Angeles Unified School District, Meyler Street Elementary School, Torrance, CA, 2000 to Present
2nd Grade Teacher (to begin September 2009)
1st Grade Teacher (2006 to 2009)
Kindergarten/1st Grade (2005 to 2006)
1st Grade Teacher (2000 to 2005)
- Resourcefully create and administer lesson plans, tests and assignments, diligently delivering instruction in accordance with specific curriculum objectives and outlines.
- Exercise solid critical thinking abilities to evaluate student comprehension and progress, administer standardized and district tests, and accurately interpret results.
- Apply outstanding interpersonal skills toward partnering with parents/guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators for swift resolution of academic or behavioral issues or concerns.
- Prepare and implement remedial lessons during Independent Work Time for struggling students requiring extra help.
- Exhibit excellent leadership attributes in supervising, evaluating and administering assignments for teacher assistants, substitutes, and school volunteers.
As Co-Grade Level Chair for 1st Grade, coordinate meetings between 1st Grade teachers and site administrators.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Actively participate as member of Student Success Team representing primary teacher support.
Orchestrate broad-based educational activities such as games, arts and crafts, music, physical education and storytelling to promote physical, mental, and social development.
Regularly attend staff meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops to optimize professional development and growth.
Chosen as "model" teacher for inclusion in video featuring differentiating instruction for English Language Learners in English Language Arts/Open Court Reading.
Bachelor of Arts Degree, Sociology, Cum Laude, California State University, Dominguez Hills,
Carson, California, 2000
Associate of Arts Degree, El Camino Community College, Torrance, CA, 1998
Child Abuse Awareness Training, 2009
Elementary Core Curriculum Professional Development for Grade 2, 2009
Kathy Richardson Mathematics Workshop, 2008
Advanced Open Court Reading, 2008
English Language Development Training for TBLT Binder, 2008
Marilyn Burns Mathematics Workshop, 2007
Beginners Open Court Reading, 2007
Professional Development Courses, University of Phoenix, Torrance, CA, 2005 to 2006
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!