Dedicated Elementary Special Education Teacher eager to contribute talents toward supporting a dynamic school and its students in achieving academic goals and objectives.
Devoted student advocate with considerable strengths in curriculum development and modification, parent relations, classroom/behaviour management, and educating multi-impaired (M.I.) students.
Provide a safe, supportive, and secure learning environment to foster the academic, social, physical, emotional and cognitive growth of students.
Able to positively represent the school to parents and community, playing a key role in building critical relationships.
Strategically utilize a variety of teaching strategies to accommodate students diverse needs, learning styles, cultures, emotional/mental impairments, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Licensed to teach cross-categorical special education covering cognitive disabilities (CD), learning disabilities (LD), and emotional-behavioural disabilities (EBD).
Able to plan and coordinate fun, exciting and engaging activities and lessons as part of modified curriculum.
Solid experience in working with kids affected by post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), autism, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD), encopresis, Asperger syndrome, and Willie Prader Syndrome.
Invaluable experience in appropriately responding to extremely disruptive and violent students.
Adept at administering assessments such as behaviour scales, sensory inventories, and Woodcock Johnson Test of Achievement.
University of Wisconsin C Whitewater, graduated Summa Cum Laude 2007
Special Education C Cross Categorical: Cognitive Disabilities
- Academic Honours: Dean s List 2003 C 2007
- Cumulative GPA: 3.85
Transitions Therapeutic Day Treatment School / St. Aemilian-Lakeside, 2008 to Present
- Provide differentiated instruction to 13 children between 6 and 12 years of age having severe emotional, behavioural, and/or mental health issues.
- Steer collaborative efforts among colleagues, parents, case/social workers, unit staff, and district personnel to optimize students well-being and overall growth.
- Demonstrate exemplary multi-tasking expertise in organizing and maintaining confidential student files, preparing monthly progress reports, generating and distributing quarterly report cards, and implementing IEPs and behaviour plans.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Hawthorne Elementary, Waukesha, WI, 2007 to 2008
Long-term Substitute Teacher
Adeptly taught Grade 5/6 special education students affected by learning and cognitive disabilities, Down s syndrome, emotional/behavioural challenges, and other developmental impairments.
Leveraged excellent organizational skills to create teacher, aide, and student schedules.
Planned and administered modified curriculum and consistently ensured precise alignment with state standards and IEP goals.
Modified tests and assignments to enable students participation in general education curriculum.
Cultivated cohesive relationships with parents, school staff, and applicable service providers.
Assembled IEPs based on formal and informal assessment data, classroom observations, and feedback from other team members.
Saratoga Elementary, Waukesha, WI, 2007
Student Teacher (Placement)
- Successfully completed full-time, semester-long assignment teaching cross-categorical special education classroom of children in grades kindergarten through five.
- Applied sharp versatility and problem solving abilities toward teaching students with learning disabilities, autism, cerebral palsy, emotional or behavioural disabilities, and other health impairments.
Respite Care Provider, various families
Southeastern Wisconsin, 2004 to Present
Recreational Assistant, Easter Seals Kindcare
Waukesha, WI, 2003 to 2006
Personal Care Worker, Society s Assets
Whitewater, WI, 2003 to 2004
Direct Instruction Co-Teaching/Team Teaching
Thematic Unit Planning Small Group/Large Group Instruction
Six-Trait Writing 1-2-3 Magic (discipline system)
Inclusion Differentiated Instruction
Educational Evaluation Personal Learning Community (PLC)
CPR and First Aid CPI Nonviolent Crisis Intervention
IEP Writing PM Rigby Ultra Benchmark
Trauma Informed Care (TIC) Working with Sexualized Children
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!