project engineer civil engineering mechanical engineering
dynamic project engineer offering broad scope of experience in steering and collaborating in varied civil and mechanical engineering projects, specializing in infrastructures and environmental resources
highly credentialed, with ms in mechanical engineering as well bs in hydraulic/fluid mechanical engineering
recipient of superior accomplishment award for outstanding employee work 2002, 2006 california department of transportation
honorary citizen-city of arlington for outstanding engineering work for the public work department
areas of expertise range from preparation of plans, specification and estimates (ps&e) for roadway projects, water and sewer projects, site design, and transportation projects including traffic plans (traffic handling and detour pans, sign and stripes plans)
additionally offer solid experience ranging from design, analysis and computer modeling of city wide water distribution systems, outfall/diffuser and pumping station, infiltration and inflow studies for sewer systems, and leak detection survey for municipalities water distribution systems
- registered professional civil engineer, massachusetts, california
- registered professional mechanical engineer, massachusetts, california
- american society of civil engineer, associate member
- american society of mechanical engineer, member
1998 c present; california department of transportation (caltrans); project engineer
1996 c 1998; caltrop, upland, ca; resident engineer/inspector
1993 c 1996; asec corporation, quincy, ma; project engineer
1986 c 1993; hydraulic and water resources engineers, waltham; ma; senior hydraulic engineer
project management & construction expertise
- mentored, led, and supervised 23 engineers and remained accessible to all staff at all times; trained newly hired staff in executing project plans according to standards..
- direct the success of various relocation and reinstatement projects including electric, fiber optic, sewer, gas, steam and water for public works facilities and municipalities.
- oversee progress of multiple consultants for compliance with project deliverables; governed staff meetings and remained abreast of project operations and progress.
- verified work completed and ensured the integrity of invoice figures to prevent abuse, waste and extravagance.
- handled administrative tasks such as drafting bid estimates, rfqs, and rfps.
page 1 of 2
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy page 2 of 2
- san jose state university, ca usa, ms mechanical engineering; 1986
- san francisco state university, ca usa, bs engineering (hydraulic/fluid mechanic); 1984
professional development and technical expertise
- project engineer academy 1991; california department of transportation
- proficient user of in micro station /autocad, excel, words and numerous engineering software programs
hiring agent name
i am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a mechanical or civil engineer capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. it is with pleasure that i thank you in advance for your review of my resume and thank you for your time and consideration. my career history is comprised of success in completing engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures, and facilities, such as roads, railroads, waterways, irrigation projects, pipelines, power plants, water and sewage systems, and waste disposal units.
to complement this background, i offer expertise in training, managing and directing 23+ staff members in the construction, operations, or maintenance activities on project sites. as demonstrated in the accompanying resume, my professional qualifications clearly demonstrate how i have effectively applied my skills and knowledge toward analyzing survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects in addition to computing load and grade requirements, water flow rates, and material stress factors to determine design specifications. my years of experience lend to an accurate ability to estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility and inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety standards. key projects include:
- boston harbor outfall/diffuser system; massachusetts water resources authority, (10 miles into the ocean, 350 ft below sea floor to discharge 1.3 billion gallon of secondary treated sewer).
- 90/i93 highway and tunnel project (the big dig), utilities relocation/reinstatement, massachusetts highway department.
- walpole landfill project, massachusetts water resources authority.
- deer island treatment plan and pumping station, massachusetts water resources authority
- leak detection survey; city of arlington, ma
- water distribution system studies-city of lawrence, ma
- infiltration/inflow studies-city of norwood, ma
- dam break studies, army corps of engineers
as an employee, you will find me to be a driven team player committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance. i am confident that i could be a valuable asset to your firm, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!