proven property management professional efficient in creating and maintaining a positive increase in revenue and implementing methods to heighten resident retention. experience managing a portfolio with 7 properties and more than 700 units leads to an ability to achieve success utilizing what resources and facilities are available. oversee resources such as facilities, subcontractors, and employees to ensure superior service. plan by prioritizing customer, employee, and organizational requirements. maintain and monitor staff expectations and motivation to fulfill organizational requirements and factors for the measurement of performance and consideration of efficiency versus effectiveness. bilingually fluent in english and spanish. technical competencies include microsoft office suites, quickbooks, yardi, topps, timberline, and other windows-based applications.
expense reduction goals
strategy & implementation
landmark on the lake condominium association, ltd, milwaukee, xxxxxx
property manager, 06/2007 c present
- determine and certify the eligibility of prospective tenants for a 275 lake front, condominium units in a 28-story high rise building.
- advise prospective owners and show properties, explain terms of occupancy, and provide information about purchasing process and associated documentation.
- verify rental rates are at market standard; maintain records of sales, rental or usage activity, special permits issued, maintenance and operating costs, or property availability.
- oversee operations, maintenance, administration, and improvement of residential properties.
- verify the accuracy and integrity of capital expenditures, bid management, annual/periodic budget administration, and development, and reconciliation of accounts payable/receivable.
- coordinate general maintenance, major repairs, remodeling or construction projects for residential properties; advised maintenance/construction staff on achieving greater efficiency.
- incorporate sales management and control process in directing the success of associates focused on closing residential sales and providing top notch client relations and service.
- inform associates of discrepancies in performance during evaluations and suggest ways to increase professional success and maintain employee morale through incentive programs.
elite properties, inc., milwaukee, xxxxxx
property manager, 10/2006 c 06/2007
- skillfully managed and remained aware of the interests of 7 condominium associations comprised of 700 units; consistently remained accessible to owners.
- followed financial oversight standards, procured bids for capital projects and defined methods of reducing expenses while maintaining organizational proficiency.
- kept a log of maintenance status, including site inspection reports, progress of repairs done, emerging problems with grounds and buildings, and recommendations for future action.
- facilitated 7 monthly board meetings and offered expertise in an effort to reach total efficiency.
- led and supervised sub-contractors and served as liaison between sub-contractors and board.
- utilized communication abilities during sales calls and the negotiation of annual management service contracts.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ page 2 of 2
eagle terrace apartments, indianapolis, indiana
property project manager, 03/2005 c 10/2006
- spearheaded and oversaw a $1.5mm dollar renovation of a 375-unit multi-family property.
- employed measures that yielded a 97% occupancy rate and consistent tenant retention.
- directed the professional success of cross functional employees including 45-member staff with expertise in service, maintenance, and business office administration.
- utilized rental property management expertise to boost operating revenue by $12k/mo during 1st 90-day cycle.
- automated and updated systems used to record completion of daily tasks, tracking of tenants, and maintenance request.
d.m. tree service/landscaping inc., des plaines, illinois
business manager, 09/2001 to 03/2005
- addressed operations management concerns with a focus on strategic, tactical, and short-term goals such as organizational setup, sales, marketing, financial planning, and business development.
- designed operational and improvement of the existing systems that reduced costs and increased sales revenue 40% annually.
- maintained a consistent understanding of the happenings behind the company's core operations and continually actively sought after operations improvement.
- ensured that business operations were efficient and effective and oversaw the management of resources by utilizing quick books to delineate spending and produce a functional budget.
- century 21 real estate classes, 2006, xxxxxx, xxxxxx
- appraisal institute, associate real estate appraiser, 2004, chicago, illinois
- roosevelt university, computer programming courses, 1997, schaumburg, illinois
- oakton community college, business/management courses, 1995, des plaines, illinois
<<first name>> <<last name>>
<<street address, suite #>>
<<city, state zip code>>
dear <<courtesy>> <<last name>>,
it is with great confidence that i offer my years of experience and strong ability in property and residential sales management, client services, marketing, and account management. as i pursue the <<position title>> within <<company name>>, i recognize that my credentials and experience would greatly assist in reaching future goals and objectives.
i am seeking a position within a fast-paced environment that can utilize and enhance my project expertise focusing on comprehensive presentations, developing new prospects, converting clients, and executing sales strategy with precision. additionally, i have acquired an outstanding blend of expertise in leadership, communication, creative problem solving, and driving interest in properties. in addition to my ability to coordinate million-dollar renovation projects, i am certain that my proficiency in management, along with my ability to communicate with internal and external personnel, stakeholders, and clients would be an asset to your team.
most of my career has consisted of transactions of a complex, interrelated, and interdependent nature, where unknowns and numerous contingency factors are involved. with this experience, i define policies and procedures for those under my supervision relevant to daily operations based on information of a conceptual nature from varied and complex sources. this has led to the successfully management of up to 7 properties including 700 combined units.
i am an efficient team player who can be depended on to roll up my sleeves when the going gets rough. i bring to the table exceptional organizational, time management and problem solving skills and a proven capacity for meeting company objectives and demands with a high degree of tenacity. coupled with a flair for creativity and ability to critically evaluate situations, i feel confident that i have what it takes to hit the ground running and strengthen your organization.
if you feel there is a mutual interest, i would welcome the opportunity to meet with you to learn more about your company, the requirements of the position, and how my qualifications would be a good fit.
thank you in advance for your time and consideration. i look forward to hearing from you soon.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!