Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a senior-level career opportunity as a Transportation Planner & Coordinator and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
In addition to exemplary academic credentials, I bring to you an excellent background in directing engineering, technology and planning related to parking operations, demonstrated experience in using state-of-the-art engineering software, and an exemplary blend of talents in conducting research such as traffic impact studies. I m also able to foster cooperative relationships with city agency personnel, vital to achieving project continuity and expediting completion. To complement these qualifications, I offer an unwavering commitment to ensuring client/customer satisfaction in tackling urban issues such as accessibility, mobility, and safety of public spaces and city infrastructures.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a self-motivated professional committed to achieving a greener, more energy efficient and sustainable city through an industrious work ethic and razor-sharp attention to detail. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your company, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Highly experienced Transportation Planner & Traffic Engineer eager to contribute
extensive project management and personnel leadership talents toward supporting a dynamic organization in achieving business goals and objectives.
Significant experience in research and consulting environments with the ability to proactively and collaboratively drive unified and forward-moving efforts among multi-disciplinary personnel.
Strategically develop schedules to maximize use of human, financial and physical resources and ensure on-time, budget-compliant delivery of projects from launch through completion.
Considerable strengths in managing project scope and requirements, monitoring quality, and controlling risks.
Excel in using transportation planning and traffic simulation programs to identify potential solutions to traffic congestion and parking management issues.
Proficiency in using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications for mapping and analysis.
Excellent quantitative, analytical, critical thinking, communication and technical skills.
Enjoy working cohesively with others toward a common goal.
Urban ITS Center, Polytechnic Institute of NYU, Brooklyn, NY, 1999 to 2009
Project Manager / Research Associate
- Spearheaded full-scope project and research management focused on applications of ITS in incident management, congestion management, parking guidance systems, and applications of GIS in transportation system planning and urban infrastructures management.
- Successfully steered development of NYC coastal evacuation plan, qualified non-recurring delays on New York City s arterial highways, and completed evaluation study to measure effectiveness of adoptive traffic signal control with vehicle priority and preemption in NYC.
- Championed development of innovative real-time solutions for congestion management in Lower Manhattan and Parking Guidance System in downtown Flushing, Queens.
- Investigated and reported on impact of future freight transportation needs on NYC interstates and truck route systems.
- Completed in-depth evaluation of Highway Emergency Local Patrol (HELP) program in New York City and compiled Integrated Incident Management System (IIMS) evaluation plan.
- Researched transportation job access for low-income and public assistance populations.
- Guided planning and development of Advanced Parking Information System for Shea Stadium.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Philip Habib & Associates, New York, NY, 1995 to 1999
Traffic Engineer / Transportation Planner
- Completed comprehensive traffic impact studies focused on network mobility improvement through traffic controls modification.
- Critically analyzed Esplanade on Hudson River from W. 133rd Street to W. 130th Street and facilitated parking design and street marking improvement for Fairway supermarket.
- Played an integral role in projects which included signal timing simulation for the new Columbus Circle, Third Avenue Bridge reconstruction, and Harlem River Corridor Bridge reconstruction traffic study.
- Conducted traffic impact studies for mixed used development (River Center) on West End Avenue and W. 58th Street, Coliseum redevelopment, Peartree Development (Co-op City), and Croton water treatment plan sites during construction phase.
Prior background includes role as Construction Project Manager, Caman Construction & Consulting, Inc., Kew Gardens, NY, 1991 to 1994.
Ph.D., Transportation Planning and Engineering
Polytechnic Institute of New York University, Brooklyn, New York
M.S. Degree in Transportation Planning and Engineering
Polytechnic University, Brooklyn, New York
Integrated B.S. & M.S. Degrees in Architectural Engineering
University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
AutoCAD, ArcGIS, TransCAD, HCS, CORSIM, Synchro/SimTraffic, VISSIM, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!