Energetic BS in Biology Graduate eager to contribute extensive talents and experience toward supporting a dynamic facility in optimizing animal care and well-being.
Experienced in husbandry of various carnivores, ungulates, birds, and primates under supervision of zookeeper.
Able to observe and analyze animal behavior and devise comprehensive ethograms.
19 years experience in caring for dogs, cats, rodents, fish, horses, reptiles, and tarantulas.
Thorough knowledge of habits, characteristics and natural and captive environment of various animals.
Adept at cleaning and maintenance of animal facility enclosures, pens and kennels.
Able to deal professionally and courteously with zoo/shelter visitors and enforce regulations tactfully and diplomatically; dedicated animal advocate.
Display a collaborative work ethic, strong communication skills, and a superior level of initiative.
Solid ability to quickly master new roles, tasks, environments, and responsibilities.
Dependable and extremely productive; reliably ensure and perform a thorough and quality job in all endeavors.
Ability to establish effective and cohesive working relationships with all levels of an organization.
BS Degree, Biology ~ Animal emphasis, Grand Valley State University, Grand Rapids, MI, 2008
Wal-Mart, Saint Peters, MO, 2009 to Present
Lawn & Garden Associate
Recognized as only staff member to receive "Excellent" rating in 6-month review throughout assistant store manager s tenure in department.
Demonstrate exemplary multi-tasking expertise in processing sales transactions, receiving deliveries, stocking shelves, assisting customers, and caring for plants.
Wildlife Center Of Missouri, 2010
Animal Care Volunteer
- Proactively contributed to rehabilitating injured or ill native species by practicing proper techniques to safely restrain and handle opossums, squirrels, rabbits, ducks, and geese.
- Complied with specific procedures to intubate and feed infant and juvenile animals.
- Diligently cleaned and sanitized cages to prevent infection and/or disease.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
private stable / Longmeadow Rescue Ranch, Union, MO, 2009 to 2010
Stable Assistant / Ranch Volunteer
- Properly and safely led, handled, rode and groomed horses.
- Cleaned stalls and bedding, and replenished food and water.
- Closely observed and monitored horses for signs of illness and/or injury.
Saint Louis Zoo, 2009
Butterfly House Volunteer
- Exercised excellent interpersonal skills to interact with visitors and answer questions about butterflies, flora and fauna.
- Prevented visitors from touching butterflies and utilized proper handling techniques to remove butterflies from unsafe locations.
John Ball Zoo, Grand Rapids, MI, 2008
Animal Care Volunteer
- Thoroughly and regularly cleaned enclosures and holding pens for North and South American collection.
- Accurately prepared and administered daily meals for assigned animals based on precise feeding schedules.
- Applied sharp organizational skills toward maintaining feeder mouse colony, replenishing water for animals, cleaning, disinfecting and arranging bedding, and completing daily log sheets.
- Inspected cages and locks to assure animals were secure.
Cat Attendant, All Paws Rescue, 2010
Inbound / Outbound Caller, National Auto Warranty Service, Wentzville, MO, 2008
Dog Walker, Kent County Humane Society, Grand Rapids, MI, 2006 to 2008
Cashier, Lowes, Ypsilanti, MI, 2007
Grill Associate, McDonald's, Ann Arbor, MI, 2006 to 2007
Cashier, McDonald s Restaurant/Menards Home Improvement, Morton Grove, IL, 2002 to 2005
Excellent Secret Shopper Review C Menards
Employee Of The Month, Menards, September 2004
Employee Of The Month, McDonald s, July 2002
Private member, Association of Zoos and Aquariums
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a <insert job title/position> capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
In addition to a Bachelor s Degree in Biology with an emphasis in Animals, I bring to you solid experience in animal shelter and zoo operations, proficiency as an equine stable assistant, significant talents in public relations, and proven capabilities in husbandry of carnivores, ungulates, birds, and primates. To complement these qualifications, I offer polished analytical, record-keeping, interpersonal, and organizational skills which are essential in a <insert job title/position> role.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be an incisive and industrious professional committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through an impressive work ethic and reliability. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your company, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!