Seasoned Registered Dietician seeking opportunity as Nutritionist with Ben & Jerry s where excellent academic credentials and extensive experience will positively advance Unilever s mission to add Vitality to Life .
Substantial dietetic background and proficiency in food/nutrition communications.
Adept at working with multiple, cross-functional stakeholders to support and advance project completion, compliance, and success.
Solid experience in creating written materials to support food product s advertising, marketing, and PR initiatives.
Advanced knowledge of nutritional trends, health issues, and emerging science in health and nutrition.
Developed informative and influential nutritional messages for commercial clients and government health departments.
Assembled and facilitated informative nutritional training workshops for physicians and primary health care staff.
Significant experience in directing operations and personnel of dietetic departments in Oxford and Riyadh.
Highly versatile; easily adapt to new roles, responsibilities, and computer software.
Exceptional multi-tasking, prioritization, and critical thinking abilities.
Equally proficient in corporate and clinical environments.
Self-employed, per diem and private practice, 2000 to Present
Contract / Freelance Medical Writer & Editor
- Work extensively with pharmaceutical agencies in New York City to create written communications (journal manuscripts, abstracts, study reports, etc.) focusing on current and emerging medical issues.
- Completed assignments with clients such as Tap Pharmaceuticals, Bayer, Glaxo, Merck, and GSW.
- Serve as interface between creative and editorial departments, conduct cross-references and annotations, and meticulously translate clinical information to clarify client s perspective and adhere with strict FDA regulations.
St. Luke Roosevelt, Manhattan, NY, 1999 to 2000
- Provided critical dietary guidance to subjects in NIH (National Institutes of Health) diabetes prevention trial for glucose-intolerance treatment.
City University / Hendon College, London, UK, 1995 to 1998
- Presented lectures on nutrition and health to graduate students and health practitioners.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Self-employed, various clients, UK, 1994 to 1998
- Expertly provided crisis management on impact of Bovine spongiform encephalopathy ( mad cow disease") for Meat & Livestock Commission via Food Director s literature and seminars.
- Contributed sharp communication skills to author newsletter articles for Dairy Council on calcium and Vitamin D promotion.
- Developed workshops for East London Health Council on Healthy Heart Initiatives .
● ● ●
Clinical Dietitian/Manager, Community Nutritionist, Riyadh Military Hospital, Saudi Arabia, 1987 to 1994
Research and Clinical Dietitian, Radcliffe Hospitals, Oxford, UK 1983 to 1987
MSc Degree, Exercise and Health Behavior, City University, London, UK
Advanced Diploma in Dietetics (equivalent to Master s in Professional Practice), UK
BSc Degree with Honors, Human Nutrition & Dietetics, Aberdeen, UK
R.D. Registered Dietitian, US and UK
R.P.H.N. Registered Public Health Nutritionist, UK
The American Dietetic Association
The British Dietetic Association
The Nutrition Society, UK
Polyunsaturated fatty acids and diabetic retinopathy. Howard-Williams J, Patel P, Jelfs FR, Carter RD, Awdry A, Bron A, Mann JI, Hockaday TDR. Brit J of Opthalmolgy, 1985, 69, 15-18
Editor for: The Laser Odyssey by Dr. Theodore Maiman, published in 2000
Shadow writing: The potential role of aprotinin in the perioperative management of malignant tumors. Vaporciyan AA, Putnam JB Jr, Smythe WR. J Am Coll Surg. 2004 Feb;198(2):266-78.
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!