Solutions-focused Manager eager to contribute exceptional logistics, manufacturing, and plant operations expertise toward supporting a dynamic employer in optimizing bottom-line performance.
Significant experience in production management, strategic planning, logistics and personnel leadership. Excellent background in program development and administration, project management, OSHA compliance, and inventory control. Adept at managing suppliers and enforcing risk management, and quality/Six Sigma compliance. Conscientious and diligent with a polished blend of scheduling, planning, organizational, prioritization, analytical, and time management capabilities. Reputation for superior initiative, establishing a cooperative climate across multiple departments, and identifying opportunities which will result in long-term benefits for the employer. Appreciated for strong communication skills, a solid work ethic, and expertise in staff training and coaching. Harness enthusiasm and energy to build and inspire teams, resolve conflicts, elevate morale, and steer personnel to achieve productivity excellence.
- As Plant Manager of Valspar, championed series of initiatives to deliver lowest cost per gallon (0.359 actual vs. .378 budgeted), capture highest quality ratings in division (85.9 % actual made according to criteria vs. 80% goal), and accelerate line efficiency by 15%.
- Launched automatic batching system for Valspar s paint making process to reduce batch cycle time by 10%.
- Achieved lowest cost per gallon in division (0.199 actual vs. .0215 budgeted) as well as highest cycle count accuracy in division at 99.4%.
- Reduced downtime at Con Agra 15% by streamlining department operating procedures and instituting standard operation procedures (SOPs) for operation and maintenance.
- Eliminated overtime and slashed Con Agra labor costs by 30% ($1 million annually) by realigning job responsibilities for union employees and establishing union lead position.
- Actively contributed to increasing annual profits by $4M for national freight company.
- Effectively increased load average by 2,000 pounds per trailer and generated highest bills per man hour at terminal, essential to strengthening bottom-line performance.
Valspar, 2006 to 2009
Plant Manager (2008 to 2009)
Spearheaded daily plant operations for $20M facility having annual budget of $7M, providing exemplary leadership to all manufacturing employees across multiple shifts.
Applied dynamic multi-tasking capabilities to steer quality control, customer service, material management, fiscal administration, and cost control.
Leveraged Lean Six Sigma methodologies to develop and implement continuous improvement.
Led operational efforts to realize zero workplace injuries advancing into role.
Developed and maintained standard operating procedure manuals for plant.
Clifford Kellenberger ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Distribution Center Manager (2006 to 2007)
Trained, mentored, motivated and managed distribution center employees, consistently emphasizing safety compliance, team cohesiveness, and productivity.
Navigated continuous improvement efforts to fortify customer service, P&L, vendor relations, and materials management.
Directed distribution center operations to accomplish 22 months without any recorded injuries.
Prepared comprehensive reports such as Daily Flash (real time customer service), inventory statistics, and standard operating procedure manuals for distribution center and office.
Innovatively formulated and introduced packaging quality audit check sheet for all production runs.
Snyder s Of Hanover, 2005 to 2006
- Directed, trained, and supervised personnel to drive compliance with company standards and workplace safety rules and regulations.
- Facilitated daily shift meetings, administered weekly safety training, and focused on efficiency, cooperation, and customer satisfaction.
Con Agra Grocery Products, 1999 to 2004
Business Unit Manager
Tasked with performing strategic planning for Chef Boyardee Microwave division and delegating workload to 15 supervisors and 300+ employees.
Employed outstanding organizational strengths to oversee equipment maintenance, shift scheduling, continuous process improvement, and employee development.
Adeptly directed manufacturing team in $20M departmental capital investment.
- Strategically elevated customer service record to 99.3% within a three-month period by pioneering Finished Goods Program .
Hired, trained, evaluated, counseled, and disciplined personnel, successfully motivating employees to exhibit peak levels of performance and productivity.
- Played an integral role in recording 1 million man-hours without a lost-time injury.
Prior background includes role as Dock Operations Supervisor with Yellow Freight and service with the United States Army C honorably discharged.
Master of Business Administration C University of Phoenix
Bachelor of Science in Business Management, Pennsylvania State University C University Park, PA
Certification, National Food Processors Association s Better Process Control, Lean Six Sigma Sponsor
Hiring Agent Name
Are you currently seeking a hard-working and personable <insert job title/position> with strong leadership experience, a constant eye on safety compliance, and exceptional staff management talents? If so, I m submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
In addition to an MBA degree, I bring to you an outstanding background in identifying significant cost savings, a proven track record in boosting manufacturing efficiency, and solid expertise in P&L, personnel training and development, logistics coordination, and program administration. To complement these qualifications, I offer extensive and successful experience in overseeing a broad scope of improvement projects from initial planning to timely completion.
If selected to join your organization, you will find me to be an industrious professional committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance and initiative. I would most certainly be a valuable asset to <insert name of company>, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!