Dedicated and results-driven Management Professional eager to contribute exceptional academic credentials and extensive leadership expertise toward supporting a dynamic organization in optimizing bottom-line performance through technology-based learning/training programs.
Proven leader of instructional initiatives, institutions and projects. Proficient in leveraging web development, project management, and education administration expertise to create, launch and manage highly effective eLearning and corporate training initiatives. Strong communication and interpersonal skills; excel in presenting strategies for teaching with technology to national and local organizations. Active member of Technology Resources Consortium, a technology and education networking group.
- Championed efforts to significantly increase student achievement by approximately 35% for Bronx Early College Academy, and led school to earn proficient rating from previous score as undeveloped .
- Established, nurtured and maintained strong community partnerships to expand after-school programs for Bronx Early College Academy, and garnered $100K in funding for technology.
- Repeatedly won new business for ClearPoint Learning Systems by maintaining exceptional levels of productivity and client satisfaction.
- Co-facilitated citywide initiative to train teachers and administrators in Ramp Up to Literacy Program which yielded considerable gains in student literacy rates and increased effectiveness of teachers throughout program.
- Integral player in assisting Division of Instructional Technology with creation and launch of iTeach/iLearn project, employing multimedia resources to improve student achievement.
- Successfully completed 2-year Aspiring Principal program which featured mentoring and training in becoming an effective leader of an instructional organization and a skilled trainer of adults.
- Navigated Web-based projects from concept through development and delivery at interactive/digital media agency, fostering outstanding relationships with clients such as Corcoran, WebMD, Readers Digest, and SchoolNet.
- As English Teacher and Arts Coordinator at school comprised of 1,200 students from Harlem, secured grant money to develop innovative interdisciplinary curriculum related to the arts.
- Wrote and produced award-winning multimedia classroom resources for Thirteen/WNET including virtual lesson plans, online learning projects, and Web-based professional development workshops.
ClearPoint Learning Systems, Hoboken, NJ, 2008 to Present
Account Director, Contractor
- Quickly advanced from role as Account Manager to spearhead a comprehensive, multi-million dollar project consisting of hundreds of multimedia deliverables for large pharmaceutical company.
- Direct team of 20 in producing online corporate training program for employee HR procedures; successfully completed all project phases within timeline and budget parameters.
- Demonstrated exemplary versatility in administering financial functions, allocating resources, devising production schedules, scoping and pricing new business, and driving quality assurance.
Professional Experience continued Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Bronx Early College Academy, New York, NY, 2007 to 2008
- Applied sharp leadership talents toward overseeing 204 students and 22 staff members.
- Elevated student attendance rates 2% by emphasizing accountability and enhancing school climate.
- Cost-effectively managed school s annual budget of $1.6M, and reliably established and enforced well-structured instructional vision and goals.
NYC Department of Education, New York, NY, 2005 to 2007
Achievement Manager, Empowerment Schools (2006 to 2007)
- Adeptly provided guidance to 21 schools by defining and instituting best practices for instruction, resource management, and curriculum development, successfully boosting student achievement and improving School Quality Reviews throughout network of schools.
- Critically evaluated proposals for Web-based assessment tools to be used for all Department of Education schools from vendors such as Wireless Generation, NWEA, McGraw-Hill, Kaplan and Princeton Review.
Instructional Specialist / Education Administrator (2005 to 2006)
- Collaborated with central and regional administrators in conducting literacy needs assessments within schools, regions and districts, and formulated professional development opportunities.
- Facilitated training and support of literacy instruction in schools throughout the city.
- Managed, motivated and directed top-performing curriculum development teams.
Bethpage High School, Bethpage, NY, 2002 to 2004
- Taught Academic Intervention courses, Regents Prep, Honors English, Humanities Prep and regular English classes at school with a graduation and Regents passing rate above 90%.
- Applied professional demeanor toward positively representing the school to parents and community, playing a key role in building critical relationships.
Thirteen/WNET New York, NY, 2000 to 2002
Supervising Producer, Education Online
- Supervised, mentored, motivated and managed team in developing education-related multi-media projects from inception through to launch.
- Exhibited keen organizational skills in conducting market research, writing proposals for new projects and grants, overseeing project budgets, and hiring new producers as needed.
Web Producer, Iguana Studios, Inc. New York, NY
English Teacher, Manhattan Center for Science & Math High School, New York, NY
ELA Teacher, I.S. 90, New York, NY
Graduate, New York City Leadership Academy, 2006
SBL (School Building Leadership), Educational Administration, Baruch College, 2005
M.Ed., English Education, Hunter College, 1995
B.S., Art History, The University of Maryland, 1989
Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Inspiration
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a <insert job title/position> capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in the accompanying resume, I bring to you an excellent background in education administration and corporate training, outstanding expertise in instructional design and curriculum development, and exemplary abilities in strategically blending technology with learning solutions. To further complement these qualifications, I offer solid analytical, critical thinking, and prioritization skills which are essential as a <insert job title/position>.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a driven professional committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through polished technical acumen, proven leadership talents, and excellent initiative. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to <insert name of company>, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!