Dedicated Educator eager to secure an opportunity in administrative management
where exceptional student relations expertise will provide an immediate and positive impact to a dynamic school.
Offering 16 years of teaching experience in both general and Judaic studies.
Apply professional demeanor toward positively representing the school to parents and community, playing a key role in building critical relationships.
Structured, systematic, and highly skilled at driving cooperative efforts among all faculty members.
Sound knowledge of supervisory practices, classroom management strategies, and appropriate student discipline.
Adept in curriculum development and introducing technology to bolster student success; proficient in using SMART Board interactive whiteboard.
Served as peer mentor for writing instruction and spearheaded successful writing program for students in 4th, 5th, and 6th grade.
Mentored peer teachers in Creating Teaching Excellence in Congregational Education program for three years.
Winner of 2003 Lainer Distinguished Educator Award.
Valley Beth Shalom Day School, 1992 to 1997; 2004 to Present
6th Grade Teacher
- Create and administer lesson plans, tests and assignments, diligently delivering instruction in accordance with specific curriculum objectives for Writing, Social Studies and Language Arts subjects.
- Exercise solid critical thinking abilities to evaluate student comprehension and progress, administer standardized and district tests, and accurately interpret results.
- Apply outstanding interpersonal skills toward partnering with parents/guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators for swift resolution of academic or behavioral issues or concerns.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Devised, orchestrated and facilitated ten-day reality show featuring students competing in teams for all academic subjects.
Proactively served on Faculty Council and as Faculty Advisor to Student Council.
Employ a variety of teaching methods and techniques to accommodate diverse learning styles.
Resourcefully integrate technology into curricular initiatives to effectively enhance delivery, impact, and comprehension of lessons.
Cultivate a safe, supportive, and secure learning environment to foster the academic, social, physical, emotional and cognitive growth of students.
Actively assist, encourage and motivate students with specific learning disabilities.
Exhibited considerable leadership attributes and initiative in piloting student laptop program.
Temple Judea, 1997 to 2007
Religious School Teacher
- Demonstrated excellent versatility in teaching grades 3, 6, 7, 9, 10 and adult education.
- Created, adapted, and delivered lesson plans, activities and assignments, strategically drawing upon broad-based teaching approaches to maximize comprehension.
- Leveraged energy and enthusiasm to engage younger students and retain their interest in learning.
Prior background includes role as Pediatric Behaviorist, Private Practice.
MA in Education Administration Candidate, National University, expected completion May 2010
BS in Psychology, Minor in Education, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA, 1992
Professional Clear Teaching Credential C Elementary level
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!