technically-oriented printing industry professional with solid skill and capacity to handle various functions associated with pre-press operations, welding, truck driving, and digital imaging. detailed and solid communicator and, able to follow directions and forge meaningful associations with customers, colleagues and management. talent to identify the customers need for solutions to immediate problems and to encourage a risk-free, positive atmosphere to meet those needs.
driver, 2008 c 2009 / wrightway charter co. ltd., sandon, bc
- followed appropriate safety procedures for transporting goods via long haul/short haul trucks.
- checked vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- maintained logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- assessed all load-related documentation concerning scheduling and trip planning to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- ensured security of cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or covers.
- reported vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
electronic pre-press, 2004 c 2006 / apache superior printing ltd., calgary, ab
electronic pre-press, 1998 c 2004 / quebecor world calgary, calgary, ab
- enter, store, and retrieve information on computer-aided equipment including mac/pc operating systems, preflight, and pdf workflow.
- entered, positioned, and altered text size, using computers, to make up and arrange pages so that printed materials can be produced.
- operated and maintained laser plate-making equipment that converts electronic data to plates without the use of film.
- examined photographic images for obvious imperfections prior to plate making.
- operated presses to print proofs of plates, monitoring printing quality to ensure that it is adequate.
- transferred images from master plates to unexposed plates, and immersed plates in developing solutions to develop images.
- examined unexposed photographic plates to detect flaws or foreign particles prior to printing.
digital image technician, 1997 c 1998 / dls imaging, calgary, ab
- studied layout or other design instructions to determine work to be done and sequence of operations including drum scanning and color correcting/touchups.
- viewed monitors for visual representation of work in progress and for instructions and feedback throughout process, making modifications as necessary.
welder fabricator, 1994 c 1996 / sprung instant structures ltd., calgary, ab
operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, and submerged arc welding.
page 1 of 2
previous work history
lead hand / bronzfyre foundry, cochrane, ab
on-air announcer/producer / skeena broadcasters ltd., terrace, bc
night operator/producer / moffat communications ltd., calgary, ab
mountain transport institute, castlegar, b.c. c 2008
class 1 driver s license
certificate earning your wheels
k.e.r.e.d.a, kelowna, b.c. c 1997
certificate of graphic design/prepress
selkirk college, nelson, b.c. c 1996
certificate of entrepreneurial business
<<first name>> <<last name>>
<<street address, suite #>>
<<city, state zip code>>
dear <<courtesy>> <<last name>>,
it is with great confidence that i offer 10+ years of professional-level printing industry experience to your organization. as i pursue the <<position title>> within <<company name>>, i recognize that my credentials and experience would greatly assist in reaching future goals and objectives.
my career history consists of vast experience in generally accepted printing/pre-press practices consistent with the recognition of internal operational objectives of diverse organizations. throughout my career, i consistently communicate the company s vision to the internal members of the organization so that everyone understands their role in achieving these goals, ensuring that the action steps are taken to ensure those goals are met. additionally, i often advise others on my prepared recommendations for improvements in policies, controls, and new methods, effectively communicating with other members of the team also, verbally and in writing.
during my career, i ve gained notable experience leading and training other employees in the appropriate procedures necessary for meeting the printing needs of an economic enterprise.
my aptitude for evaluating complex problems and reviewing related information to develop viable solutions would be of great use to your organization. i welcome more discussion about how my skills can help in meeting the goals and objective of your organization. until then, should you have any additional questions feel free to contact me at your convenience.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!