performance-driven management professional specializing in the horticulture sector
eager to contribute operations, supply and account management talents toward supporting a progressive organization in optimizing bottom-line results.
· significant experience in product development, purchasing, production leadership, and market analysis.
· harness enthusiasm and energy to build teams and steer personnel to achieve productivity excellence.
· proficiency in quality control, staffing, budgeting, forecasting, and p&l accountability.
· reputation for establishing a cooperative climate across multiple departments, and identifying opportunities which will result in long-term benefits for the employer.
· adept at conducting competitive intelligence to determine strategic direction and propel sales growth.
· pioneered hampshire farms christmas program by initiating, planning and developing of overall design concept to successfully define new category and generate revenue during winter season.
· elevated team cohesiveness and efficiency by introducing section growing to empower each grower to assume responsibility for their teams and their crops.
· captured $300k in annual savings by reducing vendors and consolidating transportation.
first foliage, homestead, fl, 2008 to present
- demonstrate comprehensive management skills in successfully overseeing all inventory, quality reporting, process flow, and merchandising of indoor/outdoor live goods across 200 stores throughout the midwest region.
- conduct frequent market analysis, vital to expanding distribution network and forecasting production needs.
hampshire farms, hampshire, il, 2004 to 2007
production manager / buyer
- spearheaded analysis, planning and execution of all production categories for perennial facility producing over 4 million units annually as primary vendor to home depot.
- negotiated and cost-effectively procured input products such as plugs, seeds, bulbs and cuttings.
- decisively evaluated space requirements and determined optimum growing locations.
- strategically drove collaborative efforts among growers, vendors, merchandising and marketing to optimize product positioning and profitability of new crop selections.
sally lutz – page 2 of 2
professional experience continued …
- leveraged solid organizational skills to plan, integrate and manage full-scope propagation and potting, analyze finish times, and diligently monitor growing techniques and plant quality.
- contributed strong leadership capabilities toward directing, supervising and motivating team of growers, assistant growers and plant care crews.
plant attack/ ameriscape nursery, portland, or, 2002 to 2004
- drove broad-scope operations for original third-party sales and merchandising company to service live goods at home depot in the midwest.
- oversaw staffing needs by recruiting, hiring and training personnel for store’s outdoor nursery area.
- arranged visually-appealing product displays, planned and controlled inventory, and determined sales goals while partnering with store managers to minimize shrink.
- coordinated sales and merchandising of all garden categories, successfully achieving double-digit comps for region.
native floral, addison, il, 2002
- proficiently led full spectrum of business operations inclusive of sales management, recruiting, hiring, staff training and development, and merchandising within multiple midwest costco stores.
- proactively established and implemented various policies, procedures and systems to reduce shrink and increase sales.
- teamed with store management to expand display area, subsequently bolstering sales volume.
the garden bouquet, mt. prospect, il, 1995 to 2000
- launched and operated specialty fresh flower, garden and gift shop with complete accountability for sales management, customer service, marketing, purchasing, vendor relations, and financial administration.
- creatively implemented highly successful "bouquet of the week" initiative and flower buyer loyalty card to foster and retain excellent client loyalty.
- motivated and managed high quality staff, achieving and maintaining 100% employee retention.
- championed efforts to triple initial gross sales and sold business for profit.
general studies, harper college, palatine, il
certificate in floriculture, kishwaukee college, malta, il
business studies, mchenry college, crystal lake, il
hiring agent name
i am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a management capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. in advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
as indicated in the accompanying resume, i bring to you strong operations management experience, outstanding expertise in procurement and production leadership, and an exemplary blend of talents in market analysis, staffing, sales and marketing, quality assurance, and strengthening overall business efficiency. to complement these qualifications, i offer a steadfast commitment to driving continuous improvement and i am always anticipating market trends and strategic business opportunities.
as a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a highly motivated professional committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior self-initiative, unparalleled resourcefulness, and keen leadership attributes. i am confident that i could be a valuable asset to <insert name of organization>, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!