~ Results-driven Sales Manager eager to contribute expertise in business development, account development, and team leadership toward actively supporting a progressive organization in optimizing performance. ~
Reliably assess and drive business operations to optimize fiscal performance, sustainability, competitive positioning, and revenue opportunities. Outstanding background in market analysis, strategic planning, key account development, budget management, promotions development, advertising, steering revenue growth, and sales management. Exhibit superior interpersonal, negotiation, communication and presentation skills to maximize client satisfaction and retention. Combine solid leadership and team-building talents to train, empower, inspire, mentor and supervise highly productive personnel. Able to quickly adapt to new roles, responsibilities, industries, and environments.
Successfully grew advertising sales by 3.5% in 2004 and 4.3% in 2005.
Boosted Classified department sales by 10% in 4th quarter of 2004 and by 11% in 2005.
Championed efforts to significantly increase online revenue in 2004 by 40%, translating to $1M.
Increased advertising sales 2.7% in 2002, outperforming previous years gains of 1% or less.
Strengthened Classified sales by an increase of 5.5% year-over-year, and grew retail sales by 3.4%.
Planned, orchestrated and launched several new products and features for The Press of Atlantic City that generated more than $1M in revenue.
Exceeded sales targets in 1999 with year-over-year sales revenues of +5.6% and surpassed 2000 budget with sales 5% higher than previous year.
Won prestigious Gannett Presidents Ring in 1999 in recognition of ranking among top ten advertising executives.
Awarded The Courier-News Publisher s Ring on two occasions for being chosen as Manager of the Year.
Earned six General Excellence Awards from the New Jersey Press Association in recognition of industry excellence.
Nature Fair Garden Center, Toms River, NJ, 2006 to 2008
Owner / Manager
- Spearheaded daily business operations inclusive of sales, customer service, staffing, purchasing, vendor relations, business development, and financial administration.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
The Morning Call, A Tribune Newspaper, Allentown, Pennsylvania, 2003 to 2006
Vice President of Advertising and Business Development
- Drove business development efforts for Retail, National, Classified, TMC, and Online Sales channels with full accountability for achieving defined advertising targets.
- Applied dynamic leadership talents toward directing, motivating and supervising six managers and 120 employees.
- Innovatively introduced several new products, features, and special print and online sections to expand market research, public interest/attention, and subsequent sales revenues.
The Press Of Atlantic City, Pleasantville, New Jersey, 2001 to 2003
Director of Advertising
- Directed efforts to achieve budgeted revenue of $36M annually spanning Retail, National, Classified, TMC and Online Sales.
- Supervised, motivated, managed and coached 10 managers and staff of 95 including advertising production.
- Analyzed and resourcefully overhauled advertising and online departments to enhance sales efficiency; established and introduced Business Development department and fortified team cohesiveness.
- Demonstrated exemplary motivational attributes to guide and inspire personnel to elevate performance.
The Courier-News, A Gannett Newspaper, Bridgewater, New Jersey, 1986 to 2001
Advertising Director (1998 to 2000)
Display Advertising Manager (1993 to 1998)
Classified Advertising Manager (1990 to 1993)
- Steadily advanced through a series of promotions based on exceptional performance; most recently tasked with overseeing advertising operations comprised of seven managers and 45 employees which included 25 outside sales professionals.
- Proactively increased national sales by 20% through strategic collaboration with National Representative Firm and by aggressively targeting and penetrating new accounts.
- Exhibited ingenuity and tactical thinking abilities in designing various Classified products such as Sunday New Homes section that increased builder revenue by 50% and Home Preview feature.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Management, Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, New Jersey
Participant, Tribune Leadership Development Program
Director, Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce, 2004, 2005
Director, Atlantic County Chamber of Commerce, 2003
Committee Member, New Jersey News Network (NNJN), 2002 to 2003
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a <insert job title/position> capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in the accompanying resume, I bring to you a significant background in sales management and new business development, well-developed expertise in managing and consistently growing a multi-million dollar business, and a solid ability to analyze revenue growth opportunities and conduct negotiations to close the deal. To complement these qualifications, I offer exemplary organizational, prioritization, presentation and relationship-building skills which are essential as a <insert job title/position>.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a highly driven professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance, insight, dedication and initiative. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to <insert name of organization>, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!