sophisticated graduate gemologist and registered gemologist appraiser with sales experience in high profile environments. proven knowledge and extensive jewelry training in diamonds and colored stones. dynamic communicator and persuasive speaker, able to forge meaningful associations with clients, colleagues, and management. talent to consistently meet periodic and annual sales objectives and quotas. demonstrated leadership for developing plans that successfully meet the operational objectives of an organization.
gemology / appraiser / jewelry repair / client services / sales management / hospitality
business development / management / teambuilding and leadership
bailey banks & biddle at tysons corner, mclean, va
customer service representative, 08/2008 c 01/2010
- greeted customers and ascertained the jewelry and watch repair needs of each customer and prepared subsequent quotes for repairs.
- described repair process and explained proper use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
- computed sales prices, totaled purchases, received and processed cash or credit payments.
- maintained knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
jewelry by design, woodbridge, va
appraiser, 02/2008 c 08/2008
- determined the needs of potential clients and performed merchandising duties such as sorting diamonds and colored stones for their viewing pleasure.
- prepared written reports that estimate jewelry values, outline methods by which the estimations were made, and meet appraisal standards.
- computed final estimation of jewelry values, taking into account such factors as depreciation and replacement costs.
- inspected jewelry properties to evaluate construction, condition, special features, and functional design, and to take gold karatages, and weight measurements.
bailey banks & biddle at pentagon city, arlington, va
sales associate, 10/2005 c 01/2008
- provided outstanding customer service by demonstrating advanced product knowledge and building quality customer relationships resulting in increased sales and repeat business.
- delivered customer service promise by ensuring quick and efficient register transactions and friendly and professional interactions with all guests.
- presented merchandise that is priced clearly and accurately and maintained a neat, clean and organized shopping environment.
- practiced suggestive selling, offering every customer related items in order to drive multiple unit sales.
page 1 of 2
washington court hotel, washington, d.c.
assistant front office manager, 09/2003 c 12/2004
- ensured consistency of high standards in the staff s greeting and registering of guests, providing outstanding guest service, and settling the guests accounts upon completion of their stay.
- demonstrate a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to guests.
- stood as problem solver in order to effectively deal with internal/external customers with relation to room reservations, pbx, belldesk departments, answering phone calls, making dinner reservations, addressing customer complaints and assigning rooms for vip guests daily.
latham hotel & the georgetown inn, washington, d.c.
guest service manager, 02/2002 c 09/2003
- handled all front office functions including overseeing pbx, belldesk department, scheduling, and assisting vip guests with concierge needs.
willard inter-continental hotel washington, washington, d.c.
guest relations officer, 10/1996 c 10/2001
international school of gemology c san antonio, tx
registered gemologist appraiser c august 2009
gemological institute of america c new york, ny
graduate gemologist c august 2005
lynchburg college c lynchburg, va
bachelor of arts degree c political science major c may1992
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!