Seasoned Network/Systems Administrator eager to contribute extensive technical, analytical, and leadership talents toward supporting a dynamic organization in optimizing performance.
Strong experience in network and system administration, PC repair, performance tuning, and technical/end user support.
Superior capabilities in scrutinizing, diagnosing and resolving complex technical errors and issues.
Extremely skilled at installing, configuring, fine-tuning and maintaining hardware, servers, software, platforms and peripherals.
Combine veracity, keen prioritization skills, and a collaborative work ethic toward consistently meeting or exceeding employer and/or client expectations.
Meticulous problem solver with a proven track record of executing innovative and strategic solutions to meet specific business goals and needs.
Perceptive and visionary, offering exemplary capabilities in project management, team leadership, documentation, and process improvements.
Adept at vendor management, quality assurance, infrastructure support and management, and IT strategic design.
Highly skilled in conducting data backups and applying disaster recovery strategies and contingency plans to safeguard business-critical information.
SunTrust Service Corp., Baltimore, MD; Sarasota/Port Charlotte, FL, 1999 to 2008
Client Services Specialist III
- Applied dynamic troubleshooting expertise toward providing efficient support to all lines of business, exhibiting impressive proficiency in remote/onsite desktop administration, server administration, and network administration.
- Trained, mentored and assisted junior team members in delivering outstanding client service.
- Played an integral role in major technology rebuilding efforts for three bank branches destroyed by Hurricane Charlie.
- Upgraded all back office users from Novell NDS to Microsoft Server 2003 and Active Directory.
- Championed seamless upgrade of all Sarasota/Fort Myers routers and switches to latest Cisco IOS.
- Enhanced ATMs by installing cutting edge operating systems and networking options.
- Expertly maintained SunTrust systems, hardware and software by swiftly diagnosing and resolving problems, and optimized connectivity by maintaining routers, switches, DSUs, and servers.
- Successfully built, configured and installed first Novell 5.1 server in Mid-Atlantic region.
- Migrated 120 users from Novell 4.11 server to Compaq Proliant Server with Novell 6.5.
- Upgraded two Compaq Proliant 1850R servers to Proliant DL380G3 with Windows Server 2003 and SQL 2000.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
- Completed installation of Fortis (document imaging) program on 80 desktops successfully within assigned timeline.
- Partnered with database administrator on planning, design, administration, and back-up of database to effectively organize and track crucial and confidential information.
- Promoted from role as Client Services Specialist II in Sarasota, Florida (1999 to 2002).
Palmer Consulting Services, Inc., Brandon, FL, 1997 to 2000
Manager / Owner (Subcontractor for Techforce, Inc., Clearwater, FL)
- Provided onsite LAN/WAN support while facilitating sales and service of high-performance PCs.
- Demonstrated exemplary analytical talents in administering Windows 95/98/NT platforms.
GatorByte Technologies, Inc., Clearwater, FL, 1996
Field Engineer (Subcontractor for Techforce, Inc., Clearwater, FL)
- Leveraged sharp organizational skills to install and configure modems, hubs, routers, DSU/CSUs, multiplexers, 10baseT, serial, DOS, Windows, Windows NT, Novell, Unix, Frame Relay, and ISDN.
- Recovered passwords when needed and provided exceptional network/hardware/software support.
Palmer Entertainment, Inc., Brandon, FL, 1986 to 2000
- Spearheaded daily business operations for two video and game rental stores inclusive of budget administration, vendor relations and negotiations, leasing, financial management, and staffing.
- Installed, configured and maintained all computer equipment and software.
Hardware & Networking: servers, workstations, motherboards, network cards, power supplies, modems, video cards, digitizers, printers, scanners, serial/parallel cards, CD-ROM/CD-RW s, USB, sound cards, hard drives, SCSI, RAID, hubs, cabling, tape drives, phone cabling, Cisco firewalls
Software & Tools: Microsoft Windows NT Server & Workstation, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Microsoft Office Suite, OpenOffice, Landesk Remote, VNC, PC Anywhere, Cisco VPN software, Symantec s Ghost, Remedy, Unicenter s ServiceDesk
Operating Environments: Novell Netware 4.11, 5.11 and 6.5, Microsoft Windows (all versions), Microsoft DOS, Linux (Redhat), FreeBSD, Mandrake, Ubuntu Desktop
Programming: Borland C and C++, Visual C++
Accelerated Training for Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
CompTIA A+ Certification
Compaq/HP Desktop, Laptop, and Server Certifications
Lexmark S & T Laser printers; HP 4000 & 8000 Series printers Certification
Hiring Agent Name
Are you seeking a results-focused, solutions-oriented <insert job title/position> to support your company in maximizing performance? I am currently exploring new opportunities, and am interested in joining your team. To acquaint you with my qualifications, I m submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As demonstrated, I offer over a decade of experience in installing, configuring, servicing, and supporting operating systems, networks, software and hardware components. I excel in network engineering inclusive of design, cabling, and configuration of protocols, routers and switches and I m highly successful at resolving technical issues, and optimizing overall operational performance and connectivity. I also possess first-rate communication skills vital to determining and responding to end user needs and forging effective business relationships.
As an integral member of your team, I will consistently exhibit dedication to playing a large role in achieving and surpassing goals. I am eager to meet with you to discuss how my qualifications support your current and prospective needs, and welcome the opportunity to interview at your earliest convenience.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!