~ Seeking Operations Support Center Engineer opportunity where over a decade of oil drilling experience, exemplary technical acumen, and team player work ethic will provide an immediate and positive impact to Southwestern Energy Company. ~
Bilingual (English/Spanish) Petroleum Engineer offering 13 years of industry experience encompassing directional, MWD, mudlogging and wireline logging, as well as offshore projects in Venezuela and the Gulf of Mexico. Solid reputation for exceptional precision in directional and horizontal drilling projects involving multiple targets. Advanced understanding of oil drilling mechanics, borehole stability, stuck pipe, hole cleaning, torque and drag, and 3-D trajectory planning. Significant experience in interpreting complex surface and downhole data. Skilled user of industry-specific software such as WinServe, Tensor MWD, Tru Vu, and Rigwatch.
Successfully reduced costs and increased efficiency of well operations by 40%+ for BP Exploration by suggesting and implementing slim-hole well design.
Partnered with Optimization Group to lower cost per well to below $3M for most GHK wells by refining drilling parameters and leveraging air and nitrogen under-balance drilling techniques.
Introduced air-drilling solution to decrease expenses and elevate efficiency of several re-entry wells in Maracaibo, Venezuela.
Increased well productivity and lowered skin damage below 3.0 by recommending and implementing air nitrogen under-balance drilling while in horizontal section for Dresser Kellogg.
Coordinated onsite drilling operations for Integrated Service Companies Group (Mud, Cementing, Directional and Well Engineering) for three wells to 17K feet.
Analyzed and optimized drilling parameters to measurably lower cost-per-well for Baroid by 30%.
Contributed to devising mud weight program at Baroid to avoid risks of blowout and breakdowns while drilling through high and low pressure zones.
Crescent Directional Drilling, L.P., Houston, TX, 2008 to Present
MWD Engineer (2009 to Present)
- Proficiently drill and log HPHT (high pressure, high temperature) wells up to 16,500 feet using hot tools (>300ºF) for Chesapeake in the Haynesville Shale, Louisiana.
- Collaborate with company s geology department to select correct casing point and minimize/avoid problems while building the curve and lateral work in partnership with Directional Drilling Team.
Directional Driller Engineer (2008 to 2009)
- Performed negative vertical section drilling for Cabot Oil and Gas in Marcellus Shale and Chesapeake in Barnett Shale and Haynesville Shale.
- Played an integral role in accelerating drilling times by an average of two days by fortifying modifying parameters, introducing BHA (bottom hold assembly) changes, and establishing minimum tool failure policy during offshore operation.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Multi-Shot LLC, Conroe, TX, 2005 to 2008
- Led Chesapeake to earn several drilling records in Barnett Shale by minimizing tool failures while operating Tensor MWD tools.
- Obtained real-time information from down-hole tools/software and disseminated findings to clients daily.
- Commended and recognized by several Chesapeake representatives and directional drillers for exceptional performance.
The Mudlogging Company, Houston, TX, 2004 to 2005
- Meticulously created comprehensive master log in adherence to clients specifications.
- Monitored and recorded gas level, lag time, and drilling parameters.
- Demonstrated sharp attention to accuracy in mudlogging a 12K foot gas well close to a saline dome.
- Explored, identified and documented limestone, sandstone, shale and over-pressured formations.
Bantek West, Inc., Houston, TX, 2002 to 2004
- Exhibited versatility and considerable technical acumen in servicing and maintaining bank s automated teller machines.
Schlumberger, Victoria, TX, 2001 to 2002
- Ran open and cased-hole logs at Victoria District in Texas, prepared tools, and operated simulator prior to every logging session.
- Participated in project to improve safety at Victoria Operations Center, successfully reducing shop accidents in half during first month.
Drilling Engineer, ITS INC / GHK Colombia, Bogot , Columbia
Drilling Coordinator, Dresser Kellogg Energy Services, Cabimas, Venezuela
Drilling Engineer, Baroid Integrated Drilling Services, Maturin, Venezuela
Drilling Engineer, BP Exploration, Colombia
Petroleum Engineering Degree, Universidad de America, Bogot , Colombia, 1990
Green Card; fully authorized to work in the U.S.
Hiring Agent Name
Please accept this letter and accompanying resume in application for the Operations Support Center Engineer opportunity that is available with Southwestern Energy Company. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
I bring to you a substantial background as a drilling engineer, exemplary expertise in identifying cost savings and process improvements, and an excellent talents in team leadership, data analysis and interpretation, and utilizing various drilling software applications. To complement these qualifications, I offer first-rate planning, critical thinking, technical, and organizational skills.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a highly motivated professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior self-initiative, extensive industry experience, a dedication to safety, and unparalleled prioritization skills. I am confident that I am an ideal candidate for this role, and hope to hear from you soon.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!