versatile, perceptive, and achievement-driven management professional with proven experience in the highly competitive retail sales sector. long-respected for advanced abilities in district management, business development, sales, client relations, and business development. outstanding blend of expertise in staff leadership, communication, creative problem solving, and driving revenue goals to meet strict timelines. excel at managing employees, fusing resources, and advancing organizational directives through innovative programs and initiatives. adeptly decodes complex situations and deploys business instinct to present logical plans then delegates effectively, remains committed to outcome, and embraces flexible ways to achieve goals.
general manager, 9/2001 to present
staples, west orange, new jersey
- ensure that short- and long-term operations management goals were consistently met including boosting employee morale to result in greater levels of functionality.
- formulate policies, manage daily operations, and plan the use of materials and human resources.
- determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes.
- implement product marketing strategies including advertising campaigns and sales promotions.
- coordinate activities concerned with the pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
- coordinate sales/budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with upper level management and staff members as necessary.
- manage staff; prepare work schedules assign specific duties.
- monitor businesses and agencies to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits.
- perform sales floor work such as greeting customers, stocking shelves, and taking inventory.
- consistently reviewed financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- enacted several strategies purposed to reduce store shrink percentage; successfully reduced shrink percentage from 3.14% in 2001 to .72% (fy2007).
- found new methods of getting staff excited about daily functions and contributing to the organizational success.
significantly increased annual store sales and profits.
kmart corporation, north bergen, new jersey
- held directly responsible for multiple operations policies including sales, inventory control/analysis, shrink control, sales growth, and merchandising.
- promoted through 11 year progressive career as hourly associate, department manager, merchandise manager (hard/soft goods), and co-manager a $60mm store, and lastly as store manager.
- held positions of great responsibility within 9 distinct stores.
- captured a $1.5mm increase in sales as store manager.
- key participant in the rollout of 4 ny units.
bachelor of arts degree in business administration, concentration in management
westminster college, new wilmington, pennsylvania
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!