Results-driven Management Professional eager to contribute expertise in driving operations, sales, customer relations, and team-building initiatives toward actively collaborating with a dynamic organization in maximizing bottom-line performance.
Significant strengths in financial and retirement planning, public speaking, consultative sales, and team leadership. Excel in explaining, designing and promoting mutual fund options and retirement plans. Adept at managing sales and business operations with proficiency in strategic planning, P&L (profit and loss) management, customer relations, and formulating policies and procedures which increase productivity, service levels, and efficiency. Strong staff training/development and management experience; build, coach and inspire teams, heighten morale, and steer personnel to attain assigned targets. Assiduous and versatile self-starter; set goals and decisively develop action plans for attainment. Keen organizational, interpersonal, forecasting, problem solving, and communication skills. Speak fluent Portuguese.
- Recognized by senior management with highest performance rating company-wide in 2009.
- Steadily advanced throughout a series of promotions with The Vanguard Group based on superior performance and achievements.
- Partnered with Vanguard s institutional clients to attract an additional $20M in corporate assets.
- Led project team at Vanguard to secure 78% of potential retirement plan assets resulting from client's corporate acquisition.
- Achieved remarkable Net Promoter Score of 90% among institutional client book of business.
- Slashed operational costs by 32% and established precise initiatives to reduce capital losses for Phoenix location of Sears Home Central.
- Elevated sales 20% year-over-year for Arizona market of Sears Home Central by devising and implementing comprehensive training programs.
- Reversed annual operational net loss of $100K to annual operational net profit of $40K within nine months for Sears Home Central.
- Presented with six Kaizen Awards from Sears Home Central CEO.
The Vanguard Group, Scottsdale, AZ / Malvern, PA, 1999 to Present
Relationship Manager (2007 to Present)
- Partner with C-level, high-net-worth clientele in exploring, identifying and evaluating financially-beneficial opportunities.
- Resourcefully create and implement financial strategies for clients in diverse industries including medical, investment, manufacturing, and technology.
- Participated in administering innovative mentorship program to drive talent development and identify candidates to be considered for advancement to Relationship Manager.
Education Consultant (2004 to 2007)
- Teamed with retirement plan sponsors in design, development, and administration of participant education strategies, leveraging excellent communication skills to consult with C-level managers as well as HR personnel.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience (The Vanguard Group) continued
- Applied sharp analytical strengths toward providing consultative guidance surrounding full plan design, successfully assembling education programs for over 60 clients.
Retirement Education Specialist (2000 to 2004)
- Traveled to client locations to deliver informative and convincing seminars geared to assist individuals in planning for retirement and other financial goals.
- Cultivated relationships with clients in various industries.
- Successfully presented more than 2,100 meetings nationwide and trained new team members in presentation delivery and product knowledge.
Participant Services Specialist (1999 to 2000)
- Proactively assisted retirement plan participants by knowledgably responding to inquiries related to retirement planning, investing and maximizing savings.
Sears Home Central, Phoenix, AZ / Montgomery, AL, 1997 to 1999
Market Manager (1998 to 1999)
- Oversaw Arizona market and cost-effectively controlled $1M annual budget.
- Supervised, motivated and directed five call center representatives, three zone managers, and a technical manager.
Zone Manager (1997 to 1999)
- Spearheaded territory management covering most of central Alabama with full P&L accountability.
- Exhibited outstanding leadership talents in managing, motivating and supervising 18 commission-based sales consultants, three administrative employees, and two technical professionals.
- Considerably boosted operational efficiency by implementing in-house training programs for technicians.
Prior Background includes role as Reservist with the United States Naval Reserves, 1991 to 2001.
BA Degree in Business Administration, Management (in progress)
Saint Leo University, San Antonio, FL, anticipated graduation July 2010
- Current GPA 3.9
Qualified 401k Administrator (QKA)
American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries (ASPPA)
Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC)
FINRA Series 6 and 63 licensure
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!