Highly Versatile Engineer with significant electrical and mechanical expertise eager to contribute
dynamic project management, R&D and instrumentation talents toward supporting the employer in achieving business goals and objectives.
Excel in instrumentation engineering, electronic board/component-level diagnostics and repair, and calibration spanning thermal baths, thermocouple, RTD calibrations and thermal chambers.
Extensive experience in calibrating pressure transducers, load cells, strain gauges, multi axis accelerometers and more.
Proficiency in programming PLC hardware, especially WAGO and Allen-Bradley controllers.
Designed several systems to streamline tasks such as safety monitoring and process sequencing.
Adept at working with XML for large data formatting and analysis on DAQ systems.
Strong design skills; devised complete automated system for verification of production samples.
Considerable turbo-machinery assembly and instrumentation experience.
Demonstrated success in supervisory roles with accountability for financial administration, staff training and management, and orchestrating capital projects exceeding $100K.
Metal fabrication abilities encompass MIG/TIG welding, plasma cutters, die punches, and grinders.
Solid electronics layout expertise; designed and built numerous control panels and wire harnesses.
Keen interests in power generation; flexible, committed to continuous learning, and eager to relocate.
Borg Warner Turbo Systems, Arden, North Carolina, 2007 to Present
Instrumentation Engineering (Senior Tech I)
- Facilitated seamless transition to National Instruments data acquisition (DAQ) hardware for high-pressure performance gas stands and engine cells.
- Spearheaded development and implementation of new prototype thermal shock gas stand.
- Successfully accelerated test cell upgrade time from 2+ months to less than four weeks.
- Source, procure and program PLC hardware for all lab equipment, consistently adhering to established budget parameters.
- Resourcefully plan, coordinate and implement new NIST traceable measurement devices.
- Proactively created and introduced archival system to track transducer drift and enhance calibration schedule.
Phoenix Motorsports, Asheville, North Carolina, 2006 to 2007
Automotive Control System Technician
- Oversaw specification and installation of engine control hardware.
- Efficiently installed and monitored DAQ systems to precisely analyze gasoline engine emissions and power output.
Professional Experience continued Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy C Page 2 of 2
- Effectively leveraged various mathematical models to generate high-performance fuel and ignition maps for customer vehicles.
- Strategically utilized chassis dynamometers to verify improvements in hardware and engine maps.
Triton Communications/SunCom (now Tmobile), Asheville, North Carolina, 2004 to 2006
Wireless Communications Specialist
- Provided quality sales and service of wireless communications equipment including GSM phones and data link cards; highly appreciated by customers for advanced technical acumen.
- Contributed to troubleshooting and diagnostics of network and telecom switch issues and repaired hardware at both handset and repeater level.
Brevard College, Brevard, North Carolina, 2003 to 2004
Technician & Instructor
- Provided instruction in web development and computer security while concurrently delivering onsite technical support to College.
- Proactively developed user-friendly GUI to facilitate and enhance content distribution.
Clear Channel Communications, Asheville, North Carolina, 2001 to 2002
- Retained full-time following internship based on excellent performance.
- Administered automated station computer systems as well as high power AM/FM transmitters.
- Conducted routine signal checks, aligned antenna for remote studio uplinks, and maintained and upgraded automated programming servers for three sister radio stations.
Blue Ridge Community
College, Flat Rock, North Carolina, 2000
Associate Applied Science C Electronic Engineering Technologies
UNCA, Asheville, NC, 2002 to 2006
Mechatronics Degree Candidate
- Won 1st place in Geodesic Design Competition
Training & Certifications:
- Engine Calibration for Optimal Performance, SAE International, 2010
NFPA 70 E OSHA Certification, 2010
Colorado Engineering Experiment Station Advanced Flow and Measurement Certification, 2008
Managing Multiple Projects, SkillPath, 2008
Programming: HTML, XML, Java, Assembly, C++, Structured Text, Ladder Logic
Software: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SolidWorks, TrueSpace CAD, Pro E, Electronics Workbench, National Instruments Measurement Automation Explorer (MAX), Automation Alliance CoDeSys, InField Somat DAQ, log viewers, Express PCB, LabVIEW
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!