proven knowledge of loss prevention in banking institutions and paralegal task with relations to the financial sector specifically involving bankruptcy. seeks to excel with quality, growth-oriented organization while offering 10+ years of strong emphasis on minimizing fraudulent activities with relation to internal and external breach of ethics. visionary leader, strategic planner, and innovative problem solver skilled in the loss recovery field. prepare and review investigative reports and suspicious activity report forms to ensure maximum recovery and regulatory compliance; update and maintain investigative files documenting investigation results. organized analyst, able to evaluate weaknesses, prioritize options, and implement fixes quickly. demonstrated ability to research and assess relevant laws and on-point cases. persuasive communicator with motivational personality, able to forge simple associations into focused collaborations.
loss prevention investigator, 2006 to present
union bank of california, san diego, ca
- prevent loss of assets, records or property as well and mitigate threats made against employees.
- handle defalcations, unruly customers, forgeries, false pretense, bank robberies, bank burglaries, check kiting, atm crimes, night depository losses, safety deposit box losses and scam operations, and security violations by employees.
- carry out long-term covert observation of persons suspected of fraud.
- adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with the company and regulatory standards, policies and practices; report issues and operational loss events.
- deliver security training on internal and external frauds with a focus on minimizing losses and maximizing recoveries in lieu of internal and external fraudulent activities.
- select instances in personnel s activities that indicate non-compliance with code of ethics issues, policy breaches, and gaps in procedure.
- provide testimony in both criminal and civil proceedings on behalf of the company.
- promote uboc internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
paralegal (bankruptcy/litigation departments) / work director, 1996 to 2006
union bank of california, san diego, ca
- assisted lawyers by researching legal precedent, investigating facts, or preparing legal documents; conducted research to support bankruptcy proceedings and to initiate legal action.
- gathered and analyzed fraudulent applications and financial misrepresentations data.
- facilitated case progression by collaborating with department employees who process bankruptcy notices and cases.
- built positive relationships with attorneys, paralegals, legal secretaries and other legal professionals.
- mandated compliance with obligations, including operations losses and merchant s credit card charge backs up to $500,000.
- assessed the litigious nature of claims, pursued feasible claims, and secured prejudgment remedies including writs of possession and attachment actions.
- brought small claims actions against individuals with defaulted
obligations under $5,000.00.
developed internal procedures for laying the groundwork to enforce the provisions of cc1719, treble damages for nsf checks.
law office of deane b. houston (deceased), san diego, ca
- addressed the debt collection efforts of clients and instituted a plan of action.
- created templates for and thereafter prepared pleadings for recommended legal actions including prejudgment and post-judgment remedies.
- secured payment arrangements with both business and individual debtors.
- initiated procedures for return or confiscation of identified assets.
ba business information systems, 2002
university of phoenix, san diego, ca
activities & affiliations
- membership: california financial crime investigators association, international financial crime investigators association
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!