Chartered Portfolio Manager eager to contribute significant talents
toward supporting a dynamic firm in optimizing bottom-line performance.
Outstanding research, critical thinking, and communication skills with fluency in Japanese.
Excellent abilities in using wide range of financial and statistical software.
Credentials include Chartered Portfolio Manager and Board certification by the American Academy of Financial Management.
Recognized as winner of best new Asian hedge fund in 2004 by AsiaHedge.
Championed one of the most profitable trading groups globally within Citigroup generating significant revenue and comprised of Asian portfolio and proprietary trading team having aggregate balance sheet assets of $20B US.
In-depth experience in driving quantitative teams in formulating process-driven investment strategies including ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) factors.
Broad-scope investment experience spans hedge funds, derivative products, convertible bond funds, institutional accounts, fixed income, etc.
Able to develop and employ vast range of analytical tools and approaches to optimize the complete investment process.
Reputation as a highly structured, deadline-focused, methodical, and systematic professional.
Advanced knowledge of public policy, divergent monetary cycles, economic growth trajectories, yield curve shapes, fundamental parity metrics and global secular trends.
Outpost Investment Group, LLC, New York, USA, 2008 to 2009
Global Macro PM
- Spearheaded team of three PMs and two Analysts in conducting fundamental liquid macro investing across global equities, fixed income, currencies and commodities.
- Proficiently administered thematic and directional investing in global macro markets where alternative views with defined catalysts incorporate top-down fundamental macroeconomic and public policy research.
- Successfully attained investment goals via active management of Fund s portfolio.
- Resourcefully defined macro approach focusing on directional G7+EM equity indices, G7 stock selection l/s, sector and country rotation models, G7 short-end curve trades, G3+EM FI duration flatteners/steepeners, swap spreads, fx, commodities, cross asset volatility, ETFs, variance swaps and long gamma enhancement.
- Applied dynamic analytical and prioritization skills toward adeptly managing money across multiple asset classes and cycles.
- Assembled research and global consultancy groups, and demonstrated exemplary communication skills in developing strong global broker-dealer as well as integral public policy maker contacts.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Goldman, Sachs & Co., New York, USA, 2007 to 2008
Global Macro Consultant
- Strategically merged macro- and event-driven process with equity front book/back book trading groups, organizing macro risks across global asset classes.
- Established and implemented thematic, directional and relative value investment process spanning equities, short rates, long rates, currencies, commodities and volatility.
Triloka Capital, Tokyo, Japan, 2003 to 2007
Managing Director C Global Macro PM
- Directed portfolio management, business development, client relations, risk management, and staffing including hiring, termination, and compensation.
- Developed innovative techniques for specialized Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors within global macro stock selection strategy.
- Meticulously prepared in-depth monthly risk and commentary reports and emphasized focus on fundamental equity long short, event driven, quant arbitrage, and global macro/volatility strategies.
- Exhibited outstanding leadership talents in managing, supervising and mentoring teams in conducting comprehensive research and analysis.
- Decisively allocated capital using VaR and Maximum Capital-at-Loss based approach.
Salomon Brothers Asia (Nikko Citigroup), Tokyo, Japan, 1997 to 2003
Managing Director C Proprietary Portfolio Risk Trading
- Steered full-scope business operations by establishing trading and risk management systems, overseeing staffing/hiring, investigating new trade opportunities, and persuasively marketing products to firm s largest clients in both Japanese and English languages.
- Orchestrated trading of market neutral arbitrage portfolios, strategically targeting large balance sheets including macro risk trading, index arbitrage, statistical and risk arbitrage and ETFs.
- Initiated and helped launch first crossing network in Asia, JapanCross a joint venture between Citigroup and Instinet currently crossing 8% of TSE daily.
Morgan Stanley, Hong Kong & Tokyo, 1992 to 1997
Vice President C Equity Derivatives Trading
- Functioned as Nikkei 225, Topix, N300, Hang Seng, Kospi index arbitrage trader with a heavy emphasis in risk arbitrage and special situation yield enhancement trades.
- Expertly employed Barra and APT analytical systems to design index and sector baskets.
- Closely partnered with head trader in overseeing all desk risk positions and in attaining yen funding at optimal rates through Japanese repo group.
- Demonstrated considerable strengths with convertible bond/warrant/single stock option volatility trades and convertible asset swapping.
University of Pennsylvania, The Wharton School, Philadelphia, PA, 1992
Bachelor of Science in Economics ~ Dual Concentration in Finance and Japanese
Nanzan University, Center for Japanese Studies, Nagoya, Japan, 1991
Intensive Studies in Japanese Language
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!