Dedicated Safety Director / Manager eager to contribute expertise in developing and implementing targeted programs as well as ensuring critical regulatory compliance toward supporting the employer in creating a physically secure and financially risk-free work environment.
Offering seasoned safety management experience with advanced knowledge of state, federal, OSHA, and DOT rules and regulations.
Polished blend of communication, presentation, leadership, and human resources skills.
- Methodical problem solver with a solid track record of identifying hazards, assessing risks, and conducting comprehensive safety inspections to ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
Apply sharp attention to accuracy in performing incident and accident investigations.
Strong team-building capabilities and multi-tasking abilities; effectively balance competing demands.
Excel in fostering, nurturing and maintaining cohesive and collaborative relationships across the organization.
Appreciated for significant strengths in developing company safety policies, procedures, and manuals, as well as facilitating broad-based training programs.
Considerable talents in project planning/management, supervision, coordination, and inspections.
Adept at implementing behavioral-based safety programs and following through with employee critical task observations.
Mirant Dickerson Electric Generating Station, Dickerson, MD, 2008 to Present
LO/TO Coordinator, Caliper/Shaw (2009 to Present)
- Proficiently steer LO/TO (Lock Out/Tag Out) of commissioning / start-up for WFGD (Wet Flue Gas Desulfurization) Project.
- Decisively issue LO/TO for all systems needed for commissioning as well as work permits for construction relevant to electrical, mechanical, and water systems.
- Meticulously audit and update LO/TO log for commissioning team, and consistently drive compliance with company policy and all federal, state and local regulations.
Safety Advisor / Analyst, Defined Sources Cooperative (2008 to Present)
- Function as Owner Safety Advisor/Supervisor on new FGD (flue gas desulfurization) Scrubber Project.
- Partner with G/C to ensure rigorous safety during construction/installation of waste water treatment facility, limestone preparation system, gypsum dewatering system, absorber vessels and absorber building and fiberglass chimney liner for 450 ft. chimney.
- Diligently investigate accidents and injuries and complete associated reports.
- Play an integral role in administering and maintaining up-to-date Owner Safety Program.
Ershigs Inc., Florida and North Carolina, 2005 to 2008
(Crist and Barry SoCo, Pensacola, FL; Marshall Steam Station, Terrell, NC; Belews Creek Steam Station, Belews Creek, NC; Allen Steam Station, Charlotte, NC)
Site Safety Manager
- Supervised and directed four Field Safety Managers on two southern company sites completing FRP retrofit projects.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
- Partnered with Human Resources personnel in processing Workers Compensation cases and relied upon to train employees, facilitate daily safety meetings, and supervise subcontractors.
- Demonstrated excellent mechanical aptitude in assembling and installing JBRs (Jet Bubble Reactors) and gas risers at both locations, installing chimney liners, new absorbers and booster fans, and enforcing site safety of manufacturing, piping, structural and lifting systems.
- Spearheaded safe and compliant plant operations at Marshall Steam Station, Belews Creek Steam Station and Allen Steam Station for Duke Energy on WFGD retrofit projects.
- Critically analyzed lift plans for acceptance of rigging and rigging techniques and completed in-depth inspections of rigging, fall protection equipment, cranes, and scaffolding.
- Investigated accidents and incidents and proactively participated in all safety meetings.
- Leveraged exemplary multi-tasking expertise to institute programs and procedures for Styrene testing, oversee Respiratory Protection for winding of FRP, and prepare weekly safety audits.
Allied Resources USA, Ltd., Huntersville, NC, 2005
Site Superintendent / Site Safety
Applied dynamic leadership talents toward supervising crews spanning several sites as well as conducting daily toolbox safety meetings and daily inspections on equipment.
Performed daily atmospheric testing, administered confined space entry permits for pipe crews, investigated safety issues, and completed daily documentation.
John Carlo Inc., Fort Myers, FL, 2004 to 2005
Civil Superintendent / Site Safety
- Brought on board to direct and monitor grade and earth-moving crews in performing safely, professionally, and in accordance with strict timelines.
- Held weekly safety meetings with all crew members and sub-contractors, inspected equipment and worksite daily, and ensured OSHA compliance for federally-funded OCIP.
Phoenix Construction Services, Inc., Fort Myers, FL, 1991 to 2004
Field Superintendent / Safety Coordinator
Expertly navigated safety operations and procedures inclusive of safety meetings, trench and excavation inspections, and investigation of near-misses.
Supervised 75 employees and four pipe crews to ensure safety compliance.
Attended all OCIP safety meetings as company representative.
Enforced adherence to safety rules and requirements during construction of a new concourse, taxiway and fuel hydrant system at Fort Lauderdale International Airport.
Confined Space Entry; Confined Space Authority; Confined Space Rescue, 2008
First Aid/CPR/AED Recertification, 2008
FEMA IS 632 Debris Removal Specialist and 631 Public Assistance Operations I, 2008
Hazardous Waste Handling and Spill Prevention, 2006
Scaffolding Inspection / Competent Person, 2006
OSHA 500 OTI Certification, 2006
OSHA 30-hour Certification, 2005
Crosby Train the Trainer Rigging Certification, 2005
Excavation Trench Safety, 2003
OSHA 10-hour Certification, 2003
Heart Saver CPR C Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting, 2003
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!