Solutions-focused Management Professional eager to contribute exceptional talents in lean production operations toward supporting the employer in optimizing results.
Proven strengths in strategic planning, project management, process analysis and re-engineering, RFP/RFQ management, and contract administration including negotiations.
Considerable talents in staff leadership, mentoring, coaching and supervision; adept at managing multiple locations concurrently.
Proficiency in leveraging Six Sigma/lean methods and techniques to establish reliable quality systems and facilitate compliance with stringent criteria.
Exhibit solid critical thinking skills to scrutinize challenges, propose modifications, and drive solution implementation; consistently focus on productivity and cost control.
Strive to establish a cooperative climate across multiple departments and identify opportunities which will result in long-term benefits for the employer.
Outstanding prioritization, decision-making, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
Able to travel and/or relocate.
Sterling Autobody Centers (Subsidiary of Allstate Corporation), Natick, MA, 2004 to 2010
Director of Procurement (2006 to 2010)
Tasked with assembling Procurement Department to support growing network of 65 locations in 16 states nationwide.
Applied sharp organizational skills toward performing purchasing, managing vendor relations, negotiating and administering contracts, and maintaining facility equipment.
Mentored, managed, coached and supervised numerous employees.
Directly contributed to productivity growth through well-managed partners and proven financial acumen.
Led team in researching, developing, and launching several preventative maintenance programs to optimize performance of facility equipment.
Project-managed two Six Sigma initiatives geared at steering process improvements.
Secured local, regional, and national partnerships to support continual growth and development including "Green" initiatives and technology development.
Eastern Territory Performance Leader (2006)
- Advanced to oversee operations of 36 locations, coaching, motivating and guiding personnel to exhibit peak performance.
- Analyzed under-performing stores, identified deficiencies, and navigated corrective action through strategies such as lean methods, staff training, enhancing team cohesiveness, recruitment of quality talent, and recognizing outstanding performance.
- Assigned to transform lowest-performing location, successfully elevating store to rank among the best in all categories and measurements.
- Ranked as peer group leader in CSI (customer satisfaction index) and attained top performance in loss cost control.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Eastern PA & Mid-Atlantic Regional Director (2005 to 2006)
- Drove efficient and profitable business operations with a constant focus on implementing lean methods.
Eastern PA Regional Director (2004 to 2005)
- Promoted to role as Regional Director for six facilities with an emphasis in lean process implementation, continuous improvement, and relationship-building with local insurance claim offices.
Store General Manager (2004)
- Spearheaded daily operations inclusive of staff management, budget compliance and customer service.
- Implemented Heijunka and Pareto lean processes to result in store in surpassing corporate goals and achieving unparalleled levels of success.
A.W. Golden Dealerships, Reading, PA, 2002 to 2004
Collision Center General Manager
- Steered operations for three separate body shop facilities, adeptly training and directing 50+ personnel, optimizing customer service and satisfaction, and instituting process and procedure improvements to fortify operational efficiency.
- Captured excellent levels of profitability in all operational metrics encompassing expense management, loss prevention, and industry-leading CSI.
- Project-managed comprehensive facility conversion to a certified General Motors Goodwrench shop.
Encompass/ Allstate Insurance, Reading, PA, 1999 to 2000
Claims Adjuster / Re-Inspector
Reading Honda/ Acura, Reading, PA, 1993 to 1999 and 2000 to 2002
Collision Center Assistant Manager / Production Manager
United States Army Reserves, honorably discharged
Next Level Purchasing, Moon Township, PA, 2006
- Senior Professional in Supply Management (SPSM)
- Certification in Procurement and Contracting Principles
Masters School of Autobody Management, Santa Barbara, CA, 2003
- Certificate of Completion
Lean Manufacturing Principles & Philosophies including Six Sigma
Licensed Vehicle Damage Appraiser, state of Pennsylvania
I-CAR 3000 Certified
General Motors Common Training Certification
Hiring Agent Name
Are you seeking an ambitious Management Professional to support your company in maximizing bottom-line performance? I am currently exploring new opportunities, and am interested in joining your team. To acquaint you with my qualifications, I m submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
In addition to progressive advancement within a $200M organization, I offer seasoned experience in proactively implementing lean business solutions which standardize, streamline, and accelerate operations and capture measurable cost savings. I excel in project management, team building and leadership, continuous improvement, and employing Six Sigma processes. I also possess first-rate communication skills vital to determining and responding to customer needs and forging effective relationships.
As an integral member of your leadership team, I will consistently exhibit dedication to playing a large role in achieving and surpassing goals. I am eager to meet with you to discuss how my qualifications support your current and prospective needs, and welcome the opportunity to interview at your earliest convenience.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Interviewer s Name
It was a pleasure (speaking with you/meeting with you) on [insert date here]. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the time you spent with me, as well as to express my appreciation for the information you offered. I am still very interested in the [insert name of position] position, and I am convinced that it is the right job for me. I feel my background and qualifications prepare me well for the responsibilities we discussed.
The position as you described it to me would combine my strong skills in [insert two skills or qualities here]. This would allow me to make the same valuable contribution to your organization as I ve made to my past employers a win-win proposition for both of us.
(Choose one of the two paragraphs below, depending on whether or not you have, or have not yet, interviewed with the person)
(I am eager to meet with you in person to further discuss my background and qualifications. Please feel free to contact me at the above phone numbers so we can continue the discussion we began over the telephone.)
(Again, thank you for considering my qualifications. I enjoyed our talk, and am available at any time to provide you with any more information you may need. I look forward to hearing your decision.)
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!