patient-focused nurse with experience administering nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients. effectively advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention and provide quality case management. very familiar with patient scheduling, chart preparation, and triage. skillfully assess patient healthcare needs to develop and implement nursing care plans and maintain medical records. solidify strategic alliances and build consensus across multiple organizational levels. fluently bilingual in english and spanish.
bachelor of science in nursing, may 2009 ~ bloomfield college, bloomfield nj
honors: bloomfield college transfer scholar, bloomfield academic division scholar, dean s list,
caretta nursing scholarship, dorothy snyder scholarship
nursing assistant, 10/2006 c present
hackensack university medical center, hackensack, nj
- performed patient scheduling, chart preparation, triage, and record keeping under the supervision of nursing professionals.
- work with patients of all ages who have various types of illnesses and injuries.
- provide patients with education, pain, and case management, and discharge planning.
- utilize well-developed communication skills, and the ability to observe accurately and make decisions accordingly.
cardiac icu, student nurse extern, dates
hackensack university medical center, hackensack, nj
- engaged in intense and high pressure situations and remained emotionally stable and had a sympathetic disposition while adhering to the standards identified in the medical center s organizational competencies.
- engaged in hands-on treatment of patients including performing central line dressings, insertion, and removal of foley caths, and wound dressing changes.
- maintained accurate, detailed reports and records and modified patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions.
- interpreted and evaluated diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's condition.
- recorded and reported symptoms and changes in patients' conditions; advised patients families of changes in medical status.
- interacted with physicians and multiple medical departments to provide top-notch healthcare to a variety of patients necessitating various forms of healthcare and medical treatment.
- coordinated with healthcare teams to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care plans under the direction of the rn.
psychiatric & behavioral health, mountainside hospital, montclair & broadway house, newark, nj
community health, visiting health services of new jersey, totowa, nj; center for hope hospice & palliative care, scotch plains, nj
chrill visiting nurse association, inc., montclair, nj & bloomfield health department, bloomfield, nj
critical care - ccu/micu, meadowlands hospital, secaucus, nj
trauma, university hospital (umdnj), newark, nj
burn icu, st. barnabas medical center, livingston, nj
orthopedics & telemetry, st. barnabas medical center, livingston, nj
medical & surgical, newark beth israel, newark, nj
pediatrics, clara maass medical center, belleville, nj
maternity, st. joseph hospital, passaic nj
family and general practice, rhomur medical services, newark, nj
fundamentals of nursing, clara maass medical center, belleville, nj
senior peer mentor, 01/2009 c present
nursing division- bloomfield college, bloomfield, nj
- presented clinical support to sophomore nursing students helping by explaining content of notes, lectures, or discussions.
- tutored and assisted children individually or in small groups to help them master study skills and to reinforce learning concepts presented by professors.
sales associate, 11/2004 c 01/2005
forever 21 inc., lawrenceville, nj
- answered questions regarding the store and its merchandise.
- computed sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment.
- greeted customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
- maintained knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
tutor, 1/2002 c 6/2003
villanova s tutoring center, west new york, nj.
- provided homework support in a position for which a teacher or another professional has ultimate responsibility for the design and implementation of educational programs and services.
receptionist, 1/2002 c 6/2003
parisian beauty academy, hackensack, nj.
- answered inquiries and obtained information for general public, customers, visitors, and other interested parties.
- provided information regarding activities conducted at establishment; location of departments, offices, and individuals within organization.
- operated telephone switchboard to answer, screen, and forward calls, providing information, taking messages and scheduling appointments.
- scheduled appointments, and maintained and updated appointment calendars.
activities & affiliations
american heart association health care provider- c.p.r
active member, new jersey chapter of national association of hispanic nurses (nj nahn)
-participate in health fairs, fundraising, and monthly meetings
active member, bloomfield college student nurse organization (bcnsa)
-participate in fundraising and monthly meetings
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!