well-rounded, skilled educator seeking a position as videography instructor. well able to guide students engaged in videography and communication studies, especially in the area of camera use, lighting, and video production; skillfully meet the education needs of 75+ students and employed 50 full or part-time students upon graduation from various educational institutions. strong belief in education and the process of developing lifelong learners.
cameras and lighting / video productions / videography / directing
audio operations / lighting / camera usage / equipment purchasing
bachelor of science in telecommunications
university of oregon, eugene, oregon
director of photography, 1999 c 2009
utilized cameras in any of several different camera mounts such as stationary, track-mounted, dolly, steady-cam, or crane-mounted.
operated video cameras to photograph images or scenes for various purposes, such as advertising, video production, or motion pictures.
adjusted positions and controls of cameras, printers, and related equipment to change focus, exposure, and lighting.
composed and framed each shot, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses, film, filters, and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors.
conferred with directors, sound and lighting technicians, electricians, and other crew members to discuss assignments and determine filming sequences, desired effects, camera movements, and lighting requirements.
- instructed camera operators regarding camera setups, angles, distances, movement, and variables and cues for starting and stopping filming.
- read and analyzed work orders and specifications to determine locations of subject material, work procedures, sequences of operations, and machine setups.
- computed ratios to determine variables such as lighting, shutter angles, filters, and camera distances.
- selected and assembled cameras, accessories, equipment, and film stock to be used during filming, using knowledge of filming techniques, requirements, and computations.
viewed films to resolve problems of exposure.
commercial photographer, 1978 c 1999
kezi-tv, eugene, oregon
- directed activities of cast and technical crew for recordings.
- set up and operated audio and video equipment including microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards, and related electronic equipment.
- procured new equipment when older equipment was inoperable or the need for new equipment arose.
- awarded 15+ accolades for the production of 30 second commercials and long form videos.
- supervise student interns from the university of oregon, oregon state university, and lane community college in the area of video production; handle 75 students and have employed over 50 full or part-time after graduating from their educational institutions.
- 2009 lane community college recognized my work with interns and out of 800 businesses awarded me with the supervisor of the year award.
hiring agent name
it is with a genuine concern that i offer my skills as a director of photography and commercial photographer to obtain the position as <<position>> with the <<organization>>. with my experience of working with various students, i feel i can meet any challenges associates with the position you are offering.
experience as proven capacity to open cognitive channels and to drive students to high levels of learning. dynamic communicator and motivational teacher, able to forge meaningful associates with students. talent to identify the strengths and weaknesses of students and deliver lessons adjusted to such. strong ability to encourage a risk free, positive atmosphere, promoting social and academic success. demonstrated talent for developing and implementing creative material that successfully meets the needs of every student s learning style and ability. skilled in providing students with maximum exposure to technologies, a greater support base, and diverse and interdisciplinary curriculum.
my teaching style is ever-changing. i am continually adapting and growing to best meet the needs of my students. it is imperative that, as an instructor, i get to know their strengths, interests, talents, and ways in which they learn. learning occurs through hands-on activities, real-life experiences, and the use of manipulatives. i resolve to teach my students where they are academically and take them as far as they can go. my goal is to influence as many students as possible with my optimistic attitude, which serves as the catalyst for dynamic student performance. in a perfect world, all students perform well, and as idealistic as this may seem, i consistently go above and beyond to realize this goal one student at a time. appreciating the value of learning differences guides me in encouraging students to realize their own value and develop into confident scholars despite any learning difficulties.
my intent is to remain a motivating, goal-oriented educator, devoted to using a structured learning environment to make a categorical difference in the lives of students. an ability to create an atmosphere conducive to active learning and exploration is my specialty. i remain dedicated to students social, educational, and life-skill development by providing an interactive learning environment. i lead by example when i motivate students to overcome obstacles and reach their full potential using age-appropriate, creative and exciting lessons, intriguing manipulatives, and positive reinforcements. it never seems to be difficult to establish positive relations with students and colleagues with diverse backgrounds, based on my dynamic interpersonal and communication skills.
in conclusion, i invite more conversation about how my qualifications and teaching experience will contribute positively to your institution s academic performance. thank you for your time and consideration. i look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!