highly-skilled engineer with 14+ years of hands-on experience in both military and private sectors. skillfully manage projects including adherence to budget, scope and time constraints. demonstrate mastery of schematics/drawings/layout preparation, client interface, use of production machinery and quality assurance initiatives. engage in design, troubleshooting, and analysis for machinery using pneumatic and hydraulic systems. consistently increased up-time and quality of final products.
mechanical engineering / client presentations / layouts/drawings / schematics
engineering management / production machinery / quality assurance
cost systems / budget control / trend analysis procedures / flow analysis
cost forecasting / cost control programs / forging dye design / thermodynamics
mathcad, mathlab, c++, cad/cam systems; cosmos, i-deas and aqua 3; windows 2000/nt/xp; timberline; prolog 6.5; iso 14001; cnc/plc; apqp; unix; iso/ts 16949; pro-engineer pronc; unigraphics v18; solidworks; qs 9000; oracle; green belt certification; dos; knowledge of core tools: spc, autocad 2000i - 2005
sunnen, 2008 c 2009
- implemented engineering project management to facilitate the various components including budget administration, scheduling, and ensure that the project stays within established constraints.
- exhibited subject mastery expertise in the honing industry; provided support to operations during project startup and appropriately implement cost estimating tools.
- demonstrated engineering knowledge by developing 3d models, drafting layout and assembly drawings, and engaging in more detailed drawing procedures.
- drafted system analysis plans and incorporated pro/e and autocad throughout all project phases.
design manufacturing engineer manager
motor appliance corp, 2007
- demonstrated engineering leadership capacities by ensuring adherence to project and personnel policies and quickly resolved and discrepancies or insubordination.
- managed client relationships to ensure close adherence to design requirements and utilized solidworks cad software.
- oversaw engineer s compliance with scheduling and specific duties and assess completion; directed operations within design and tooling fabrication facility.
- performed a variety of functions including networking, system support, and time line scheduling with microsoft project.
senior design engineer (contract position)
caterpillar inc., 2006
- incorporated microsoft project and generated comprehensive reports reflecting project progression.
- utilized engineering expertise to complete mechanical design/testing tasks; engaged in analysis, assembly, and testing of prototypes incorporating 3d cad and pro/e wildlife.
- implemented creativity and technical knowledge to define tools and dyes for manufacture of special products and unique applications for field testing.
- defined manufacturing, engineering, and installation procedures and produced manuals accordingly.
- lead the successful development of medium wheel loader machine prototypes.
- handled a myriad of tasks including product design, input review, and output execution, which include fmea, dfma, design verification, design reviews, material, and engineering specifications.
senior project controls specialist / cost engineer (contract position)
washington group, 2005 c 2006
- estimated prospective project expenditures and generated cost reports integrating technology including microsoft project primavera and prolog.
- focused on most efficient project management functions by integrating mso.
manufacturing / design engineer iii
federal mogul, 2004 c 2005
- salvaged $33,000.00 in scraps during effort to perform fea testing using cosmos, pro mechanica to improve product designs and quality.
- captured $50,000 in savings on dyes; decreased the time allotted to engineering design.
- significantly reduced overtime and scrap expenses by $65,000 as the team leader of the john deer cell manufacturing 05 team.
- skillfully reduced tooling costs by $15,000/mo. by restructuring manufacturing processes and streamlining product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and material use.
- decreased outsourcing by developing 3d cad models using solid works 2005, pro/e, and sdrc i-deas 10nx.
- produced manufacturing processes with relation to using a horizontal mill to manufacture forging dies.
- enhanced tooling aids and increased overall functionality through process improvement for 60+ parts.
mechanical/manufacturing engineer ii
leggett & platt aluminum group, 2002 c 2004
- propelled production and quality and salvaged $25,000-$90,000 per operation.
- incorporated pro/nc/master cam during the design of special machines, process design, and fixture or tooling design.
- develop test equipment using pro-e wildfire and solidworks 2000 tools.
- enhanced professional development as an employee within general motors and learned how to generate pfmeas.
- performed a variety of hands on techniques including tooling and fixture design for horizontal mills and lathes to cut aluminum.
design engineer (contract position)
detroit tools & engineering, 2002
- implemented technology such as unigraphics and pro/e during design of cutting-edge tools and dyes; revamped autocad drawings and boms.
***additional experience in engineering and civil engineering within the united states marine corps / marine corps reserves,1995 c 2002***
bachelor of science in engineering; minor in mathematics
university of alabama c huntsville, alabama
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!