Performance-driven Marketing and Communications Specialist eager to contribute expertise toward supporting the employer in maximizing competitive leveraging and revenue performance.
Seasoned background in marketing and communications with a keen ability to accurately define and understand specific company needs and requirements. Exemplary skills in managing personnel, programs and projects, gracefully balancing competing priorities and demands. Proficiency in concept and campaign development, special event management, promotions planning, budgeting, speech writing, media interviews, and image management. Formulate visually-appealing and informative marketing pieces and promotional materials. Highly skilled in strategic messaging, crisis management, media relations, and public outreach. Adeptly problem-solve complex situations and deploy business instinct and flexibility to achieve goals.
- Enhanced design of sponsor audits for American Diabetes Association, significantly improving clarity and succinctness.
Innovatively integrated social marketing component for Support The Cause webpage and e-newsletter to accomplish global appeal and reach.
Produced persuasive marketing collateral for American Diabetes Association sales team to engage potential sponsors.
Coordinated special events for American Diabetes Association s corporate sponsors to successfully bolster fundraising activities and results.
Streamlined Children s National Medical Center publications process by 35% and enhanced global appeal by integrating print and web communications.
Championed communications to dramatically fortify consumer image and increase website traffic for Kingsbury Day School in wake of transitional leadership and declining consumer satisfaction.
Expedited public relations and campaign development by 15% for county health department by streamlining creative and administrative processes.
Recipient of Prince George s County Rising Star Award in 2006.
Won 2009 Aster Award and Silver Award for Children's 2008 Annual Report.
American Diabetes Association, Alexandria, VA, 2009 to Present
Associate Manager, Corporate Alliances & Cause-Related Marketing
- Drive full-scope corporate communications and serve as project lead for Annual Corporate Sponsor Summit by selecting location and overseeing activities, corporate sponsor advertisement sales, sponsorship recognition/benefits, media relations, and event logistics.
- Appointed as Executive Account Manager for Friends of Naturalizer Brand, Catherines, and NutriSystem representing collective donations of $2M.
- Effectively administer sponsor sampling program and Corporate Recognition Program.
- Navigate full spectrum of communications development for corporate development and cause-related marketing, inclusive of online strategy and content.
Professional Experience continued
Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC, 2008 to 2009
PR & Marketing Specialist
- Spearheaded marketing collateral for seven publications in concurrent roles as Lead Writer and Editor.
- Critically evaluated, revised, and optimized advertising and marketing campaigns to maximize consumer awareness and engagement.
- Proficiently drafted executive communications, authored e-newsletter, and targeted consumer messaging in alignment with strategic communication goals.
- Virtually eliminated consumer complaints at Children s National Medical Center by developing focused messaging for publications, marketing collateral, and campaign messaging.
- Adhered to stringent HIPAA guidelines in managing highly sensitive information.
Kingsbury Day School, Washington, DC, 2007 to 2008
- Partnered with senior leadership team in precisely identifying vision, defining communication priorities, and determining PR requirements and objectives.
- Overhauled website, steered rebranding efforts, and developed marketing materials to enhance public image and achieve swift crisis management.
- Cost-effectively managed resources while ensuring strict budget compliance.
Prince George s County Health Department, Largo, MD, 2005 to 2007
Public Information Specialist
- Proactively established, nurtured and maintained relationships with media, community stakeholders, and customers vital to promoting organization mission and achieving positive agency image.
- Applied strong writing abilities toward authoring press releases and strategic marketing collateral, editing internal newsletter, and creating in-depth management reports.
- Participated in event planning by orchestrating trade shows, seminars, and speaking engagements by senior management.
Prior background includes role as Public Relations Intern with Temple University from 2003 to 2007.
MBA in Marketing (in progress), University Of Maryland University College, Adelphi, MD
B.A. in Journalism, Public Relation, & Advertising, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, 2005
Certificate in Professional Writing, George Washington University, Washington, DC, 2005
Public Relations Society of America
American Marketing Association
Operating Systems: Windows/Vista/XP/Me/Mac OS/Convio CMS
Software: Adobe Photoshop, PageMaker, and Illustrator; Microsoft FrontPage, Project and Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a marketing management capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As an energetic and incisive MBA in Marketing Candidate, I bring to you a solid background in producing convincing marketing and promotional campaigns, significant campaign planning and management experience, and an exemplary blend of talents in collateral design, media relations, and orchestrating marketing strategies from concept creation to final execution. To complement these qualifications, I offer consummate organizational, team-building, multi-tasking, creative and presentation skills which are paramount as marketing manager.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a driven professional committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance, integrity, dedication and initiative. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to <insert name of organization>, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!