Ambitious and dedicated Chemical Engineer eager to contribute exceptional technical acumen,
project management skills, and processing engineering talents toward supporting a progressive company in optimizing bottom-line performance.
- Excellent strengths in process engineering, specializing in natural gas industry.
- Proficiency with engineering technology applications and systems and adept at interpreting complex diagrams and symbols, and calculating pressure drop along pipes and thermal expansion to prevent buckling of distribution pipes.
- Solid experience with absorption columns, liquid disposal units, heat exchangers, distillation columns and column internals, driers, valves and flares.
- Perform a thorough, systematic and quality job in all endeavors.
- Well-versed in incident investigations and consistently adhere to onsite safety rules and regulations.
- Considerable strengths in root cause analysis, analyzing complex data, results trending, qualitative and quantitative risk assessment, and hazard identification.
- Polished presentation, communication, critical thinking and team-building skills.
- Reputation for leadership attributes, reliability and attention to accuracy as evidenced by earning assignment to complete inspections during internship at Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas Company.
- Certified Associate of Project Management.
Oando Engineering and Technology Group, 2009 to Present
Spearhead project design and project including scope and mandate for LPG storage facility project.
Decisively determine guidelines for bid evaluation and document management, prepare RFS for site (Apapa LPG storage facility) investigations and diligently perform contract administration.
Demonstrate exemplary organizational skills in facilitating Technical Review Session with Federal Ministry of Environment on Apapa Single Point Mooring project.
Coordinate technical and commercial evaluation and reporting of bids for Apapa LPG FEED, LRPIT FEED and procurement of line pipes.
Conduct feasibility studies for optimization of Lubricant Blending Plants - KLP and Apapa Lube plant.
Represented Oando at kick-off and site meetings with Polmaz and Shell for line pipe inspections.
Oando Energy Services Limited, Nigeria, 2008
Business Development Engineer
- Applied sharp analytical thinking abilities toward efficiently preparing tenders and proposals in response to RFPs.
- Evaluated and identified critical requirements for proposals and provided strategies for achieving differentiation from other bidders.
- Skillfully negotiated contracts with joint venture entities, consistently focusing on revenue potential and competitive positioning.
Dolapo Otunla, CAPM, MSc, BSc (Honors) ---- Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Smiths Medical, Hythe, Kent, UK, 2008
Product Range Development Engineer
- Leveraged a keen eye for detail to effectively assess and ensure product design conformed to specifications on Purchasing Reference Sheets.
- Verified biological safety of medical products and issued biological safety clearances.
- Compared Manufacturing Information Notes with drawings and applied necessary updates.
- Exercised strong logical thinking savvy to formulate test protocols and procedures for equipment.
- Conducted in-depth testing on equipment and products prior to bulk manufacture and distribution.
Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas Company, Bonny Island, 2005
Process Technologist (Intern)
Performed commissioning and start-up for new LNG trains inclusive of field commissioning work, audits and precise process calculations.
Quickly recognized for proficiency throughout processing engineering activities and entrusted to conduct inspections.
Compiled accurate inventory of all alarms, trip settings, and shut-off valves.
Contributed exemplary multi-tasking capabilities toward reviewing and verifying design envelopes and pre-start up audit reports, interpreting process diagrams, and validating design specifications.
Created and delivered informative PowerPoint presentations to managers and new team members.
Integral player in meeting project start-up dates for LNG trains 4 and 5.
MSc in Process Technology and Business Management, Warwick University, UK, 2007
BSc (Hons) in Chemical Engineering, University of Lagos, Nigeria, 2006
Training & Professional Development:
Incident Investigation & Root Cause Analysis, ASME, Nevada, 2008
Introduction to Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment, University of Sheffield, UK, 2008
Process Modeling using Aspen Hysys, AspenTech, Houston, TX, 2007
Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers (NSChE) C Student Chapter
Institute of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) C Student Member
American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) C Member
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook)
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!