Dedicated Chief Audit Executive eager to contribute extensive talents toward supporting a dynamic employer in optimizing bottom-line performance.
Significant background in auditing, financial management, and regulatory compliance with proven strengths in process optimization and fortifying internal controls. Proficiency throughout complete audit life cycle encompassing interviews, working papers, risk assessments, communicating audit recommendations and preparing detailed reports. Adept at interpreting laws, regulations and statutes, investigating complaints and violations, and conducting in-depth risk analysis. Reliably ensure and facilitate accurate and timely reporting of financial information in accordance with stringent regulatory criteria including NAIC s and State Law's Model Audit Rule. Exemplary problem solving, research, reporting and analytical skills. Consummate team leader and hands-on manager.
Successfully completed 100+ corporate audits annually for Fidelity Security Life Insurance Co.
Enhanced overall P&L performance by resourcefully introducing budget reform process and Cost Identification and Analysis (CIA) program within Board of County Commissioners Office.
Tightened foreign and domestic business processes, practices and systems to produce $10M annualized savings for Marion Merrell Dow.
Generated labor cost savings by reducing Marion fleet management staff by 20%.
Improved procurement cycle by $10M and uncovered $500K in savings.
Led audit group in business process reviews at Kroger Food Stores to identify $9M in savings.
Slashed accounts receivable by $210K and increased cash flow for Kroger.
Coordinated cost-saving activities across several states to gain $9M for Kroger.
Served as key member in Krogers acquisition team during purchase of a national food chain and three drug store chains.
Fidelity Security Life Insurance Company, Kansas City, Missouri, 2006 to Present
Chief Audit Executive
- Proficiently direct corporate audits across headquarters and 40 outside locations.
- Monitor, ensure and enforce strict compliance with corporate and government requirements.
- Provide consultative guidance and leadership to senior management team and Board of Directors regarding internal control issues and corrective action.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy C Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Common Sense Companies, Inc., Overland Park, Kansas, 1995 to 2006
- Merged strong business and financial acumen to complete broad-scope consulting assignments for companies of all sizes.
- As interim manager for manufacturing company, tasked with maintaining business continuity and stability during re-location.
- Completed project as contract loan officer for Security Saving Bank and as a tax examiner for Internal Revenue Service.
Board of County Commissioners, Johnson County, Kansas, 1997 to 2003
- Launched strategic initiatives to improve budgeting, forecasting, planning, and cost control for county government agency.
- Leveraged considerable forward-thinking abilities to formulate multi-year strategic plan.
- Created and initiated innovative service delivery improvement project.
Marion Merrell Dow, Inc., Kansas City, Missouri, 1984 to 1995
Manager, Global Internal Auditing
- Seamlessly integrated internal auditing practices and internal control structure including regulatory requirements following acquisition of an international company.
- Adeptly oversaw due diligence in mergers and acquisitions of companies and product line.
Prior background includes role as Internal Auditor for Kroger Food Stores, Cincinnati, Ohio.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Barry University, Miami, Florida
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!