Seasoned Education Administrator eager to contribute exceptional background in regional leadership toward supporting a dynamic learning institution in achieving goals and objectives.
Visionary leader and student advocate offering significant consultative talents and proficiency in facilitation, team-building, strategic planning, and data-driven decision-making. Structured, personable, and respected for positively representing the school to the community and executing highly effective school improvement initiatives to achieve goals and objectives. Adept at managing budgets and advancing educational directives through innovative programs, projects, and initiatives. 7 years experience with charter schools and proven expertise in training and development, parent relations, and emergency preparedness.
- Recognized as Charter School of the Year during leadership at Kennesaw Charter in 2006.
- Awarded School of Excellence during role at Cobb County Schools.
- Led school to achieve AYP rating for five consecutive years.
- Recognized and praised for success in maintaining an effective multi-age classroom.
- Recognized by Saginaw School Newspaper in Spotlight on Saginaw Teachers .
- Selected to join Saginaw Leadership Academy.
- Appointed as Chairperson for SACS accreditation process.
National Heritage Academies, Burton, Michigan, 2008 to Present
Coordinate overall building management, safety and security, budgeting, strategic planning, community relations, and school programming for Burton Glen Charter Academy.
Imagine Schools, Atlanta, GA, 2007 to 2008
- Spearheaded operations for five school locations inclusive of financial administration, staffing, charter development, parent relations, volunteer recruitment, and opening two new schools.
- Conducted interviews to hire quality Assistant Principals and Principals for new schools.
- Recruited and decisively selected Board Members and delivered presentations at Board meetings.
- Managed and coordinated lottery process to optimize admissions throughout schools.
Imagine Schools, 2004 to 2007
- As school s CEO, oversaw full-scope daily operations encompassing budget management, staffing, student recruiting, parent relations, and development of data-driven school improvement plan.
- Cultivated and maintained a safe, secure and supportive learning environment to foster the academic, social, physical and cognitive growth of students.
- Proactively assigned student ambassadors to initiate, enhance and expand positive relationships.
- Facilitated Family Nights and introduced Parent Resource Room to optimize parental involvement.
- Employed sharp communication skills to facilitate workshops on team-building, consensus-building, conflict resolution and time management.
Professional Experience continued Page 2 of 2 Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy C Page 2 of 2
Fulton County Schools, 2000 to 2004
- Demonstrated exemplary organizational skills in supervising instruction for Pre-K school pilot program, coordinating bus transportation, overseeing student discipline, and facilitating communication between parents and teaching staff.
- Supervised, mentored and evaluated certified and classified personnel.
Saginaw Public Schools, 1996 to 2000
- Exhibited strong versatility in coordinating broad-scope operations from building/facility maintenance, to student behavior management.
- Fostered, nurtured and maintained excellent parent relationships, cost-effectively managed budget, and formulated staff and classroom schedules.
- Evaluated and authorized adoption of new curriculum and implemented school uniforms.
- Initiated hands-on interactive learning across curriculum and established environment which yielded high test scores.
- Leveraged mainstreaming with team teaching to launch first full inclusion classroom district-wide.
MA in Educational Leadership C Saginaw Valley State University
BS Elementary Education C University of Michigan
International Baccalaureate PYP (Primary Years Program), Atlanta, Georgia, 2007
International Baccalaureate MYP (Middle Years Program), Atlanta, Georgia, 2007
National Charter School Association Conference, 2007
Imagine Charter School Forum, various cities/states, 2004, 2006 and 2008
Licensure & Certification
Certified School Leadership and Supervision (Pre K- 12), State of Georgia
Facilitator Training C State of Michigan
National Association of Elementary School Principals
National Staff Development Council
National Reading Council Association
National Association of Charter Schools
Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a consultative capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in the accompanying resume, I bring to you an excellent background in education leadership with proficiency in facilitation, outstanding expertise in parent and community relations, and exemplary abilities in program and project management focusing on advancing overall student achievement. To further complement these qualifications, I offer advanced analytical, planning, relationship-building, budgeting, presentation, and prioritization skills which are fundamental in education administration.
As a proactive contributor to your school/school district, you will find me to be a driven professional committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through proven leadership talents, change management abilities, and initiative. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to <insert name of school>, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!