creative, self-directed, results-oriented educator with over 10 years of successful experience in education, classroom instruction, and developing curriculum. proven capacity to open cognitive channels and to drive students to high levels of learning. dynamic communicator and motivational teacher, able to forge meaningful associates with students. talent to identify the strengths and weaknesses of students and deliver lessons adjusted to such. strong relationships with parents, administration, and other educational personnel. strong ability to encourage a risk free, positive atmosphere, promoting social and academic success. demonstrated talent for developing and implementing creative material that successfully meets the needs of every student s learning style and ability. skilled in providing students with maximum exposure to technologies, a greater support base, and diverse and interdisciplinary curriculum.
use of manipulatives
children s literature
university of south florida tampa, fl
masters of elementary education, 12/2000
bachelor of science in elementary education, 12/1997
certifications: massachusetts certification 1-6, # 398121
new hampshire certification 1-6, # 86426
5th grade teacher, 09/2007 c present
stratham public schools, stratham, nh
- facilitate use of the responsive classroom philosophy for 5th graders, improve learning proficiency levels, and comprehension skills of students using most effective learning medium.
- develop effective and proactive behavior management methods within classroom; institute fair, clear rules and consistently enforce them as needed, resulting in a positive atmosphere.
- focus students attention on mathematics lesson content through clear direction and everyday mathematics examples.
- keep students engaged in reading curriculum using tufts university s learning to read through reading (lrr) lessons and encouraged them to express their ideas by incorporating independent reading, strategy groups, and literature circles.
- demonstrate social responsibility as a member of the technology committee and the green team, a school wide earth awareness program.
6th grade teacher, 09/2006 c 06/2007
raymond public schools, raymond, nh
- demonstrated mathematics methods and procedures to pupils through differentiated instruction;
- observed and evaluated pupils' work to determine student progress or suggest improvements.
- collaborated with colleagues and administrators to introduce balanced programs of instruction and demonstrations that provide opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- assisted students in meeting the specifications of individualized education and behavior intervention plan requirements.
- assisted in student preparation for standardized tests and interpreted results to determine student strengths and areas of need.
- maintained accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations
- served as member of math committee and assisted in defining students mastery of arithmetic in alignment with state and internal standards.
- developed a science summit for educators in summer 2008 comprised of mini-workshops and seminars covering multiple science aspects, grades 1-12.
5th grade teacher, 09/2003 c 06/2006
newton public schools, newton, ma
- pioneered creative lesson plans on math concepts and theories in general math and pre-algebra.
- focused on in-depth analysis of each student s overall learning ability, addressing atypical education and individual needs of students at the appropriate learning level.
- encouraged underachieving students to apply themselves using unique, demonstrative approach to writing; witnessed students newfound passion for free writing, journaling, personal narratives, research, fantasy, and poetry.
- designed original study aids and supplemental guides for students on first people: native americans through the revolutionary war, increasing self-confidence in ability to acquire higher assignment, quiz, and test scores.
- secured technology excite & intersect grants; awarded computers, projectors and cameras.
6th grade teacher, 12/2000 c 06/2003
tampa, fl & newton, ma
- educated 6th grades on a subjects including math, biology, oceanography, and geography.
- member of an integrated team using co-teaching model to include students with special needs, for particular math classes.
- responsive classroom ii
- anti racism
- skillful teacher
- curriculum development
- standards based education
- human differences & educating students with non-verbal learning disabilities
- anti-bullying team
- responsive classroom committee
- social committee
- technology committee
- math team
hiring agent name
it is with a genuine concern that i offer my skills as an educator and knowledge as a holder of a master of elementary education and a bachelor of arts degree in elementary education to obtain the position as <<position>> with the <<district>> school district. with my experience of working with various students, including special education, below grade level, at risk, and those performing at the required level also. i feel i can meet any challenges associates with the position you are offering. in the midst of my career, i have also had the pleasure of educating students with mild difficulty in learning subjects such as math.
as an educator, one of my main points of focus is to enhance lesson planning through a variety of creative means and manipulative, such as including art, literature, creative writing, and other manipulatives whenever possible. i feel that young children learn by doing and so i like to design activities in which they are touching, making, creating, and being actively involved in the learning process. i also believe in learning for a purpose. if you can connect with the children why a skill is needed and why it is important, they then desire to learn and take ownership of it and then apply the skill to new situations.
other strategies i use are modeling, cooperative learning, higher order thinking questions, learning centers, and thematic units. each learning strategy has its own benefits. modeling helps to guide the children, cooperative learning helps to build social skills, higher order questioning enables young learners to make connections in literacy and math, and learning centers provide a fun place to practice new skills. additionally, i offer several opportunities for children to become fully interactive throughout the day. examples include at circle time, creating jobs in the classroom, and whole group instruction, always using praise as a positive reinforcement for the children when they participate or complete a task.
in my classroom, i provide a structured environment with the emphasis on the rules and set clear behavior guidelines. the children know what to expect and i reward compliance with positive reinforcement and try to make learning fun. it is my goal to make my classroom a place that the children can t wait to come into every morning.
i look forward to hearing from you soon about the great opportunity you have to offer.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!