Dedicated Human Resources and Employee Benefits Specialist eager to contribute extensive background toward supporting a dynamic company in optimizing productivity and performance.
Solid experience in driving HR functional areas spanning recruiting, new hire orientation, health and welfare employee benefits, qualified defined pension plans, regulatory and corporate compliance, and HRIS administration.
Proven success in interpreting, explaining and enforcing employment laws and achieving a cooperative and cohesive workplace climate vital to maximizing retention and productivity.
Well-versed in FMLA, FLSA, EEO, and OSHA regulations.
Substantial knowledge of benefit programs and excel in cooperating with group plan administrators.
Ethical and discreet with an unwavering commitment to ensuring confidentiality of personnel files and documents.
B.S. Degree in Management, Summa cum Laude, David N. Myers College, Cleveland, Ohio, 1999
CEBS Course I and II (Employee Benefits C Design, Administration and Other Welfare Benefits; Employee Benefits C Concepts and Health Care), 2006
PHR Certification, Society for Human Resource Management, 2000
University Hospitals, Shaker Hts., Ohio, 2007 to Present
HR Services Specialist
- Steer cost-effective and compliant HR operations by responding to and assisting employees with benefits-related questions and issues, conducting new hire benefit orientations, and answering centralized HR phone line.
- Perform case management of employee leaves of absence including FMLA tracking and short-and long-term disability benefits.
- Accurately process employee status changes in Oracle software each pay cycle.
Kaiser Permanente, Cleveland, Ohio, 2004 to 2007
- Spearhead benefits administration encompassing employee communication and plan explanations, new hire orientation, summary Plan Descriptions and SMMs, plan literature, retirement planning seminars, policy updates, and maintaining Ceridian HRIS/payroll database.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
- Proficiently administer health and welfare benefit plans with annual expenses totaling $4.5M for all active, retiree, and COBRA participants as well as 401(h) post-retirement medical benefit trust.
- Managed defined contribution pension plans including 401(k) with $57M in assets, supplemental retirement plan ($4.8M in assets) and defined benefit pension plans comprised of $63M+ in assets.
- Demonstrated exemplary versatility and organizational skills in facilitating leave of absence benefit program including FMLA, salary continuance plan, long-term disability, military and personal leaves of absence.
D.L. Skully & Assoc., Inc., Richmond Hts., OH, 2002 to 2004
Sr. Pension Analyst
- Coordinated full spectrum of benefits administration for 70+ defined benefit pension plans trusteed by Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation due to distress or involuntary terminations.
- Expeditiously processed retiree s requests for commencement of pension benefits according to plan documents/criteria including precise calculation of benefits.
- Diligently maintained up-to-date participant database and actively contributed to plan closing process once plan was trusteed.
The Human Resource Dept., Ltd., Cleveland, OH, 1998 to 2002
Interim Human Resource Professional
- Completed three-year assignment with Parker Hannifin Corporation, performing in-depth research of past employee records, calculating pension benefits based on various benefit formulas and actuarial tables, and partnering with consultants from Wyatt Worldwide in preparation for multi-million dollar pension solution deployment.
- Completed project with AGA Gas, Inc. supporting employee health and welfare benefits including disability and workers compensation during implementation of new HRIS system.
The Mill-Rose Company, Mentor, Ohio, 1996 to 1997
Human Resource Assistant
- Identified projected savings of $400K+ through proactive contributions to improving medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefit program.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical abilities and attention to detail in revising hourly handbook and hourly union agreement, ensuring strict compliance with current legislation and practices.
- Resourcefully developed new salaried employee handbook.
- Played an integral role in staffing activities by recruiting and orienting 40+ hourly employees for light assembly work and securing temporary labor as needed for local operations.
- Reviewed, streamlined and improved personnel records management to fortify alignment with government requirements and enhance daily productivity and organization.
Ceridian HRIS Oracle Lotus Notes Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint) Adobe Acrobat
SHRM C Lake/Geauga Chapter, 1996 to Present
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!