Senior-level Operations Management Professional eager to contribute exceptional
quality control, supplier relations, and project leadership talents toward supporting a dynamic
manufacturing company in optimizing bottom-line performance.
Certified Six Sigma Green Belt with proven track record in developing quality processes, procedures and programs which considerably boost quality and output. Adept at leading all aspects of quality management, quality engineering, and auditing of quality management systems. Proficiency in supplier development, generating cost savings, introducing lean production methods, tooling, advanced statistics, and optimizing customer satisfaction and retention. Advanced capabilities in all areas of QC (quality control) inclusive of ISO 9000, ISO/TS16949, FMEA, APQP, PPAP, MSA, TCQ, SPC and DOE.
Proven ability to build and implement solid quality and lean manufacturing processes for any industry.
Drove efforts to reduce supply base PPM to less than 1,000 from 60,000 at Ingersoll Rand.
Established supplier audit program for Delta Faucet in precise alignment with Six Sigma standards, improved supplier delivery by 8%, and reduced overall quality defect rate.
Saved Masco $2M per year, reclaimed lost market share and gained additional 5% of market by resolving QC problems in domestic and international manufacturing processes.
Formulated and launched automatic post-process gauging at Masco to assure quality production.
Captured $20M in savings for Masco by instituting QC system in the tool-room; achieved significantly higher output and tool turnaround.
Championed high-quality Federal Mogul manufacturing processes that saved $8M and bolstered revenue by $500K a year.
Generated $40M in savings for Masco by being chosen to analyze non-compliant stamping plant in New York and expedite corrective action requiring significant improvements to QC systems; also modified manufacturing processes to enable Masco to drastically reduce OSHA fine from $40M to $40K.
Ingersoll Rand, 2008 to Present
Supplier Development Engineer
- Spearhead supplier development and management functions with an emphasis in productivity, PPM, delivery and lean methodology.
- Foster, nurture and maintain cooperative relationships with domestic and Mexican suppliers.
- Established, implemented and administer commodity strategy for eight commodities.
Wayne Vogel, MBA C Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
GETRAG Transmission Manufacturing, LLC, 2007 to 2008
- Resourcefully designed, developed and implemented IMS for new 900,000 square foot automotive transmission manufacturing facility.
- Spent year in Germany to successfully benchmark and development system.
Lowe s Plumbing, 2005 to 2007
- Played an integral role in leading location to earn recognition as Store of the Year for two consecutive years as a result of providing unparalleled customer service.
Telamon Corporation, 2006
Corporate Quality Engineer
- Directed and completed Green Belt projects with accountability for quality metrics and auditing.
Delta Faucet Company, division of Masco, 1991 to 2004
Corporate Quality Engineer (1998 to 2004)
- Conducted comprehensive internal and external ISO 9000 processes including auditing.
- Decisively created and instituted new and existing supplier auditing procedures, and purchased equipment in accordance with clear budget parameters.
- Orchestrated seamless and cohesive efforts among manufacturing plants, suppliers and corporate offices, vital to optimizing business continuity.
- Pioneered development and deployment of holistic quality system and implemented PPAP, APQP and FMEA procedures.
Staff Project Manager (1991 to 1998)
- Directed initiation and implementation of capital budget projects which identified and capitalized on excellent cost savings and manufacturing improvements.
- Applied sharp leadership talents toward supervising, mentoring and coordinating 160+ personnel spanning industrial engineering, quality, and capital budgeting areas.
Masco Industries, 1989 to 1991
Staff Project Manager
- Partnered with senior management in broad-scope projects focusing on rectifying operational and production issues and deficiencies.
- Achieved highest performance evaluation company-wide.
- Revamped inefficient tool-room system by scrutinizing processes, production, machinery usage and costing, and spearheading equipment upgrades, fortifying team-building, and enhancing production methods.
Prior background includes roles as Manufacturing Engineer & Senior Industrial Engineer
with Federal Mogul Corporation, 1984 to 1989.
MBA, Anderson University, 2000 GPA: 3.96
BS, Production Operations, Ball State University
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!