Results-driven Management Professional eager to contribute expertise in driving operations, sales, customer relations, and team-building initiatives toward actively collaborating with a dynamic organization in maximizing bottom-line performance.
Proficiency in all aspects of retail management including operations, staffing, team-building, employee development, CRM (customer relationship management), P&L, and marketing.
Adept in selecting quality talent, and motivating, training, and guiding both supervisory staff and associates to display productivity excellence.
Substantial experience in merchandising, strategy planning, brand development, loss prevention, shrink reduction, and forecasting.
Resourceful, assiduous and versatile self-starter; clarify goals and decisively develop action plans for attainment.
Proven financial acumen; meticulously monitor fiscal status to optimize profitability, cost control, and budget compliance.
Polished organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, and communication skills.
Able to revitalize struggling stores and heighten employee morale, retention and motivation.
Price Rite Inc., Buffalo, NY, 2009 to 2010
Spearheaded daily store operations inclusive of corporate compliance, sales management, P&L, inventory control, staffing/hiring, training, and performance management.
Led personnel to achieve and/or exceed productivity and payroll goals for each department.
Partnered with Perishable Managers in driving quality assurance, customer satisfaction, and visual appeal of product displays.
Proactively reduce and minimize shrink, vital to ensuring cost control.
Coached, mentored, supervised and directed more than 100 store associates.
Pier 1 Imports, Cheektowaga, NY, 2007 to 2009
Directed retail store operations with an emphasis in empowering staff to assemble creative merchandise displays to attract and entice shoppers.
Successfully exceeded sales goal, ending the year 14.5% above projection.
Reduced operational expenses by controlling spending, fostering a team-driven work climate, and enforcing top-notch customer service.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
TJMaxx, Amherst, NY, 2003 to 2007
- Navigated daily store operations, consistently surpassing sales and merchandising goals to produce $14M annually.
- Mentored and inspired staff to exhibit merchandising and customer service excellence.
- Trained, developed and motivated four assistant managers, eight department coordinators and 69 hourly employees.
- Diligently focused on strengthening store profitability and controlling shrink.
- Earned promotion to Senior Merchandising Manager based on keen attention to detail.
- Exercised sharp multi-tasking and prioritization skills to manage multiple locations and coordinate several new store openings.
Family Dollar, Buffalo, NY, 2002
- Managed $1.9M store location, demonstrating proficiency in vendor relations, merchandising, staff training, and steering process improvements.
- Increased sales by teaming with buyers to optimize product placement.
- Decisively formulated merchandising plans for weekly events and seasonal sets.
- Tracked financial performance and submitted reports to senior management.
Rite Aid Pharmacy, Buffalo, NY, 1991 to 2001
Corporate Human Resource Trainer (1999 to 2001)
Corporate Inventory Auditor (1997 to 1999)
Store Manager / District Trainer (1991 to 1997)
- Employed precise attention to accuracy in administering inventory control for 127 stores.
- Personally handled pharmacy inventory counts on all controlled substances and dispensing units.
- Coordinated comprehensive six-week training program for all new managers.
- Completed and maintained extensive documentation for inventory at each location.
- Orchestrated merchandising layouts, plan-o-grams and seasonal sets for each store.
- Cultivated, nurtured and maintained strong vendor relationships built on courtesy, respect and responsiveness.
Real Estate Sales License, New York,
Associate s Degree, Business Management, Jefferson Community College Watertown, NY
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!