Conscientious HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) Specialist eager to contribute extensive experience toward supporting a dynamic organization in optimizing safety, compliance, and bottom-line performance.
Equally proficient in offshore and land environments spanning locations such as deepwater drilling, production platforms, jack-up rigs, offshore/onshore drilling, construction sites, and pipeline sites.
Provided critical HSE guidance and expertise to client companies such as Shell Rocky Mountain Production, Shell Oil - SEPCO Deepwater Division, Chevron USA, Devon Energy, Stone Energy and Noble Energy.
Polished blend of communication, presentation and public speaking skills; adept at developing, implementing, and facilitating safety-based and paramedic/EMT programs.
Methodical problem solver with a solid track record of identifying hazards, assessing risks, and conducting in-depth safety inspections to ensure compliance with government rules and regulations.
Apply sharp attention to accuracy in performing comprehensive incident and accident investigations.
Reputation for swift decision-making skills, team-building capabilities, and multi-tasking abilities; effectively balance competing demands.
Excel in fostering, nurturing and maintaining cohesive and collaborative relationships across the organization.
Conduct frequent safety meetings to maximize personnel awareness and engagement.
Reputation for superior initiative and identifying opportunities which will result in long-term benefits for the employer.
Safety Management Systems, Lafayette, LA (bought by Acadian Ambulance Service Inc.), 2005 to Present
Health Safety and Environmental Specialist
- Provide consultative guidance to major oil companies regarding full-scope safety management among construction, pipeline/excavation and trenching, drilling, completion and plug & abandonment operations.
- Apply substantial industry background and knowledge toward performing case management for onsite work-related injuries.
- Proficiently conduct daily, monthly and yearly internal and external HSE, OSHA and ISO 14001 audits.
- Skillfully administer local Contractor Safety Management Program (CSMP).
- Plan, coordinate and deliver mandatory training such as OSHA, HAZMAT, LO/TO (lock out/tag out), Fall Protection, First Aid/CPR and BBSM.
- Diligently inspect and ensure rigs and construction sites conform to OSHA 1910/0000 xxxxxx xxxx , xxxx , xxxxx 00000 and Coast Guard regulations.
Professional Experience continued
Acadian Ambulance Service Inc., Lafayette, LA, 1989 to 2005
Paramedic / Health and Safety Specialist
- Provided advanced level care to personnel working on offshore vessels.
- Completed daily, monthly and yearly HSE, OSHA and ISO 14001 audits.
- Administered mandatory and specialty training, and reliably ensured consistent safety compliance of rigs and construction sites.
- Served as Education Coordinator for National EMS Academy, New Orleans, Louisiana site for two years; facilitated Emergency Health Science curriculum spanning Paramedic, Basic EMT, CPR, and ACLS.
- Functioned as Operations Field Supervisor for three years, spearheading daily activities for 35 employees inclusive of scheduling, training and performance evaluations; also served as first responder to emergencies, and provided on-scene audits of treatment provided to patients.
Prior background includes role as Combat Field Medic with the U.S. Army.
STS (Safety Trained Supervisor) - Council on Certification of Health, Environmental & Safety Technologists
Certified Paramedic C National EMS Academy / South Louisiana Community College
ACES (Acadian Comprehensive Education for Success) C Acadian EMS Academy
Advancing Safety Leadership C Randy Smith Training Solutions
Safe Gulf Trained
Smith Systems Commentary Driving
HUET C METS - (Helicopter Underwater Escape Training)
Taproot and RCRA Incident Investigator
HLO (Helicopter Landing Officer)
Excavation and Trenching Competent Person
Fall Protection Competent Person
Shell Local Lifting Focal Point
Shell Oil Dropped Object
Shell Oil Forklift and JLG
Confined Space Attendant and Rescue Certified
Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD)
TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential)
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity as a Health, Safety and Environmental Specialist and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
In additional to extensive credentials and training, I bring to you an outstanding background in directing HSE programs, exceptional talents as a first responder and EMT, and impressive abilities in team leadership and training. To complement these qualifications, I offer solid planning, reporting, prioritization, and communication skills which are essential as an HSE Specialist.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a self-motivated professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through ingenuity, integrity, and exemplary dedication. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your company, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!