Dedicated Pharmacist with solid retail and hospital experience eager to contribute extensive talents toward supporting a dynamic pharmacy in optimizing bottom-line performance.
Able to accurately interpret physician orders, detect therapeutic incompatibilities, and maintain records for controlled substances in accordance with strict regulatory requirements.
Personable, helpful and extremely customer service-focused.
Proficiency in partnering with multi-disciplinary and culturally-diverse health care team members to steer cohesive efforts and optimize safety and quality of service.
Polished organizational, record-keeping, and prioritization skills.
Adept at counseling patients in taking broad range of prescribed medications and OTC (over-the-counter) products to ensure safety and comprehension.
Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of industry/therapeutic trends such as herbs, vitamins, and natural medicine.
Skilled in performing final verification of prescriptions to ensure accuracy and prevent adverse drug reactions and drug misuse.
Unity Healthcare Pharmacy, Washington, DC, 2008 to Present
- Collaboratively navigate efficient pharmacy activities encompassing processing, preparing and dispensing prescriptions, replenishing inventory, and steering compliance.
- Demonstrate sharp attention to accuracy in preparing and processing between 250 and 400 prescriptions per day.
Apply considerable leadership talents toward effectively supervising and mentoring four pharmacy technicians.
Leveraged excellent interpersonal skills to establish cooperative relationships with physicians.
Provide patient counseling in areas such as correct medication usage/dosage and therapeutic options.
Mahshid Samiei-Afshar, Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Safeway, Alexandria, VA, 1994 to 2008
- Played an integral role in coordinating efficient, cost-effective and compliant pharmacy operations by participating in preparation, dispensing and ordering of medications.
- Received and processed prescriptions and performed routine tasks such as generating labels, locating drugs from inventory, and delivering exemplary customer service.
- Counseled, educated and instructed patients in prescriptions, OTC products, and other health-related products.
- Closely monitored patient medication profiles for drug interactions, dosage information, duration of treatment, precautions, and drug-disease contraindications
Kash n Karry, Tampa, FL, 1992 to 1994
Proficiently supervised and directed staff pharmacist, pharmacy technician and clerk.
Assisted and advised patients in selecting OTC medications and in proper use of prescription.
Entered prescription orders, located drugs from stock, ordered inventory, filled prescriptions and completed daily sales report.
PharmD C University of Florida, 2010
BS in Pharmacy C Howard University, 1990
BS in Biology C Bowie State University, 1986
Pharmacist licensure C Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia, and Florida states
Hiring Agent Name
Please accept this letter and accompanying resume in application for the Pharmacist opportunity that is available with <insert name of company>. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
I bring to you 19 years experience as a pharmacist, proven success in pharmacy management, and an excellent blend of talents in personnel leadership, customer service, patient counseling, and ensuring strict regulatory compliance. I hold active licensure in four states and my academic credentials are exemplary. To complement these qualifications, I offer first-rate planning, critical thinking, and organizational skills which are instrumental as a successful pharmacist.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a highly motivated professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior self-initiative and unparalleled prioritization skills. I am confident that I am an ideal candidate for this role, and hope to hear from you soon.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!