~ Driven team player with solid background as Attorney and Consultant eager to contribute talents toward supporting a progressive firm in achieving goals and objectives. ~
Well-versed in real property law, family law, landlord/tenant regulations, entertainment law, intellectual property law, and civil litigation.
Reputation for solid judgment, prudence, problem solving abilities, and innovative thinking.
Display a collaborative work approach, adaptability, decisiveness, resourcefulness, and initiative.
Considerable strengths in drafting business plans, negotiating and scrutinizing contracts and legal agreements, and providing business/legal advice and guidance.
Able to meet strict deadlines, and quickly adapt to new roles, responsibilities, and software.
Exemplary communication skills include fluency in Tagalog (Filipino), American Sign Language, and some Spanish.
Significant software skills include Microsoft Office, Photoshop, FrontPage, Merrill Discovery Navigator, LexisNexis, Westlaw, Concordance, Dreamweaver, and cross-platform (Mac/PC) proficiency.
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP, Las Vegas, NV, 2007 to Present
- Play an integral role in representing business clients in enforcing and defending against breach of contract and business tort claims (i.e. intentional interference with contract and business advantage, breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing, fraud and misrepresentation) as well as claims involving breaches of fiduciary duties.
- Represent insureds against claims related to automobile accidents, premises liability, slip and falls, dog bites, toxic torts and construction defects.
- Confidently represent mortgage companies in defending foreclosures.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills during appearances in family court and justice court.
- Demonstrate proficiency throughout case management life cycle from conducting client intake procedures and research, through to site inspections, written discovery, depositions, motion writing, hearings and trials.
Self-employed, various states, 2000 to 2007
Entertainment & Business Consultant
- Successfully advised and assisted clients entering the entertainment industry by drafting business plans and proposals, negotiating/reviewing complex contract agreements, acquiring sponsors, evaluating and selecting vendors, creating marketing strategies, and assembling press kits.
MatrixLegal, LLC, Los Angeles, CA, 2006
- Participated in case strategy meetings by reviewing extensive documents in preparation for litigation, arbitration, and future discovery requests.
Clear Channel-Syracuse, Syracuse, NY, 2005
Consulting Extern, Syracuse University Media Management Group
- Effectively supported brand marketing projects by participating in development and presentation of business plans to executives.
Professional Experience continued Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy, Page 2 of 2
- Leveraged exceptional research talents to investigate prospective clientele needs such as ideal demographics, purchasing power, community involvement and potential investment opportunities.
Law Office of Joshua Ridless, San Francisco, CA, 2004
Law Clerk, State Bar of California s Practical Training of Law Students Program
Exhibited excellent versatility in assisting with corporate, real estate, and general business law, organizing corporate books, participating in depositions, and contributing expertise to cases involving general business, personal injury, and litigation.
Diligently performed comprehensive legal research regarding screenplay copyrights, securities fraud, and incorporation and dissolution of corporations.
Exercised sharp attention to detail and accuracy in drafting tenancy in common, commercial lease, operating and immunity agreements, editing merger agreements, and reviewing motions.
Syracuse University Office of Clinical Programs, Public Interest Law Firm, Syracuse, NY, 2003 to 2004
- Interviewed, counseled, represented and advocated for clients in areas of civil rights and civil liberties.
- Successfully drafted memoranda on Title VI issues such as environmental injustice and co-drafted Title VI complaint filed with and accepted for investigation by Environmental Protection Agency.
Research Assistant, Syracuse Univ. Office of Multicultural Affairs, Syracuse, NY
Co-Creator / Entrepreneur, Mindspider.com/Musicianslawyer.com, Las Vegas, NV
Legislative Intern, Hawaii State Legislature House of JHA Committee, Honolulu, HI
Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, NY; Syracuse University School of Management; Syracuse University S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, graduated 2005
Juris Doctor / Master of Science in Media Management
- Dean s Scholar (Scholarship Award); Phi Alpha Delta
- Frederick Douglas Moot Court Team; Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Team
- Corporate Counsel Certificate Program
University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI, graduated 2002
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, With Distinction
- President s Honor Roll; Dean s List; National Dean s List
- Political Science Academic Scholar; SBC Scholar
- Motor Board Honor Society; Golden Key Honor Society
State Bar of California State Bar of Nevada
United States District Court, District Court of Nevada United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
California Notary License
American Bar Association Southern Nevada Association of Women Attorneys
Asian Bar Association of Las Vegas Filipino American Bar Association of Las Vegas
Filipino Bar Association of Northern California National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
Clark County Bar Association Las Vegas Asian Chamber of Commerce
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!