software developer with 14+ years of experience in system analysis including exceptional debugging ability, excellent knowledge on petroleum engineering (well production, formation evaluation, reservoir simulation). possess mastery of applied mathematics, algorithms, logical reasoning, and various programming languages and tools on windows and linux platforms. skilled in the research, design, development, and testing of operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for various industries. set operational specifications, formulate, and analyze software requirements. apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis from the initial high-level design phase until the qa cycle with high proficiency in a multitude of languages.
geoscience center, weatherford / precision drilling / computalog, calgary ab, canada
software developer, 12/2000 to 03/2009
- executed development of the innovative software for the cs-400 logging system on linux platform implementing existing code, new requirement analysis, debugging and testing activities.
- enhanced the efficiency of well-imager imaging software through effective writing, modifying, integrating, testing, and overall improvement of software quality.
- modified ada sonic software; initially produced ada with vb.net, using wxwidgets to ensure ada would run on diverse operating systems with no code changes.
- oversaw and spearheaded wellmanager logging system and performed duties such as real-time data transferring, conversion of data files, migration, and website display.
- converted massive amounts of files (las/lis/dils/telemetry), completed waterfall logging, well-testing interpretation and produced various utilities such as fileconverter, winraster, and hornerplot.
- designed company website and instituted well data management system including many functions such as requirement analysis, design, implementation, and testing.
- added modules into petrolog (advanced logging analysis software) by implementing user-defined algorithms and mathpack.
well logging r&d institute, daqing china, september 1995 to november 2000
- analyzed information to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new wls2000 logging system and modification of other existing systems.
- researched, designed, developed, and tested sonic logging analysis software; thoroughly performed requirement analysis, object-oriented design, implementation, and testing.
master of science in computer science, harbin engineering university, harbin, china
bachelor of science in applied mathematics, harbin engineering university, harbin, china
petroleum engineering, sait, calgary, 2006 c present
well logging interpretation, halliburton, houston, tx, 1999
<title, name of hiring manager>
<name of school district>
<city, state, zip>
dear <courtesy><last name>,
throughout my career, i have achieved tangible results as a software developer. my professional history demonstrates a record of success in leading others in software and application research & design, personnel management, engaging in technical analysis, defining application requirements, system analysis, petroleum engineering (well production, formation evaluation, reservoir simulation), and driving projects to completion. my expertise lies in clearly communicating tasks and project requirements to my colleagues and consistently leading them toward exceeding objectives.
in addition to my goal is to incorporate a superior ability to provide client relations. during most projects i deal directly with clients as a front-line point of contact, keeping in mind to remain accessible at all times while simultaneously focusing on the ultimate product. this is evident in my successful completion of a variety of projects.
to facilitate goal attainment, i offer a record of success in clearly identifying scope, deliverables, time, effort, and cost. further, my repertoire includes talent in pinpointing risks, overseeing budgets, and allocating resources to drive precise implementation and on-target deliverables.
while guiding efforts, i consistently facilitate technical meetings to maintain open lines of communication. furthermore, i engage in scheduling, tracking, managing, and reporting to effectively align available resources with requirements. my goal is to facilitate projects and processes according to requirements, schedules, and benchmarks.
with this hands-on experience and demonstrated expertise, i welcome more discussion about how i can help meet your organization s goals and objectives. until then, should you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!