yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
0000 xxxxxx xxxx , xxxx , xxxxx 00000
bilingual (english/spanish), results-focused, and dynamic program manager eager to contribute exceptional program development, project leadership, and training expertise toward supporting a progressive organization in optimizing bottom-line performance.
areas of strength
project / program management c extensive experience in designing, evaluating, and managing externally-funding projects and programs in the education sector. specialized experience in spearheading initiatives for at-risk students. managed successful federally funded project at state level that assisted local school districts to increase number of funded projects from 9 to 24 over a 6-year period.
grant writing and development c collaborated in writing grant for local school district that achieved funding for five years, valued at $1.4m. significant experience in researching and proactively pursuing funding opportunities. produced grant application writing manual and a grant writing training program for school districts and non-profit organizations which garnered higher quality applications submitted for funding.
training programs & presentations c equally adept at developing and delivering curriculum, with proficiency in adult education. exemplary blend of research, planning, public speaking, and group facilitation skills. coordinated 2 statewide educational conferences for staff/professional development. championed training delivery for a large public employer of 3500 employees.
human resources c excel in recruiting, hiring, training, mentoring and coaching personnel. strong abilities in employee relations, eeo compliance, workplace diversity, conflict resolution, negotiations, and team-building.
colorado statewide parent coalition, westminster, co, 2008
director of programs
collaborated with executive director in strategically planning, coordinating and facilitating federally funded training projects to staff and parent-teacher teams in schools.
applied polished leadership talents to direct and supervise efforts of 8 personnel.
innovative works (sole proprietorship), 1997 to present
independent contractor / private consultant
- specializing in program development, adult education and training, delivered superlative consulting expertise to public and private agencies.
- prepared and successfully acquired 3 funded federal teacher training grants of $1.7m in total for 2 universities and 1 school district.
- wrote educational funding grants, trained clients in developing effective grant applications, and provided guidance in educational equity, eeoc compliance, and diversity.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ page 2 of 2
professional experience continued
key projects & clients:
heuer corporation, ny:
as facilitator/trainer, leveraged a mentoring/coaching model to train and develop middle and high school personnel in establishing student-centered learning environments.
university of colorado at denver, co:
as temporary project director of a federally funded professional teacher development project, spearheaded needs assessment, training, curriculum development, and training implementation.
salt lake city school district, ut:
functioned as human resources consultant, offering full spectrum of hr management services inclusive of comprehensive training for school district personnel.
city of fort lupton, co, 1996 to 1997
administrative services director / acting city administrator
- directed city operations, exhibiting proficiency in planning, development, and coordination of training for employees, hr planning, and personnel recruiting.
- exercised outstanding organizational strengths to steer risk management efforts and oversee building department activities.
- supervised 48 full-time employees, driving consistent compliance with employment laws and regulations including eeoc.
- swiftly assessed, investigated and resolved complaints via exemplary problem solving skills.
- forged, nurtured and maintained positive relations with community members and organizations.
additional experience includes roles as:
- senior project manager for a long-term project at the colorado department of education.
trainer for up to 20 real estate agents in contract writing, transaction structuring and financing alternatives.
contract trainer for up to 50 head start teachers and assistants in wyoming and colorado.
education & professional development
university of northern colorado greeley, co:
m.a. education, curriculum and instruction
b.a. foreign languages, spanish & german
certificate in professional human resource management c villanova university, 2004
proposal writing seminar c the foundation center, 2001
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!