qualified research, survey designer, and data collector/management professional. skilled in qualitative and quantitative research and data manipulations. communicate with meaningful methods and tact leading to strong professional bonds and continued success. displays natural talent for orchestrating survey project requirements and expectations.
• survey-based research
• questionnaire design
• hard copy/internet surveys
• database management
• survey development
• statistical analysis
• survey editing/graphics
• employee & market research
• variable assessment
survey data analyst, 9/2004 - present
incisive media/incisive legal intelligence surveys, newtown square, pa
manage all aspects of survey preparation, data cleaning, and presentation.
verify accuracy and up-to-date status of databases and syntax programs, and designed graphics, performed final editing, author introduction, and methodology sections in spss.
oversee statistical analysis projects for legal management consulting survey projects.
assisted law firms and corporate law departments on private survey research projects, including client satisfaction surveys and internal strategic planning surveys.
handle massive databases with variable and complex information including salaries, additional compensation, and strategic planning & benefits.
- secured additional survey project valued at $26k from a major client by producing all deliverables within time and budget constraints during initial project valued at $21k.
- utilized respondent emailer software for survey marketing communications, resulting in an approximate savings of $20,000 each in mailing and postage costs for four major projects.
- mastered syntax i, intro to spss syntax, syntax ii, and programming with spss syntax & macros.
- ensured variation in creativity of questionnaire designs by utilizing surveypro (web-based survey software) and formrouter.net (secure internet transmissions of excel-based questionnaires) to modify.
research intern, 8/2003 c 5/2004
lancaster bureau of police, lancaster, pa
overviewed the types and frequency of homicides in lancaster from 1969 to 2003 and provided a concise report on relevant variables such as homicides involving narcotics.
collaborated with lancaster special investigations and violent crimes/gangs detectives to obtain first hand information and interviews.
- released finding in multiple media formats including lancaster newspapers and at millersville undergraduate research conference.
research assistant, 1/2003 c 5/2004
millersville university sociology department, millersville, pa
conferred with constituents after increased police presence called "operation clean sweep" and accumulated relevant data.
conducted manual research including acquiring lancaster police service call response data and historical crime-related newspaper articles.
interviewed ranking officers and upper management of "operation clean sweep" and surveyed constituents in the area affected and assessed resulting data in spss and stata.
- successfully relayed findings in an honor s thesis in front of audiences at the eastern sociological society regional conference, millersville undergraduate research conference, and public safety research institute.
page 1 of 2
page 2 of 2
research assistant, dates
public safety research institute, millersville, pa
assessed previously acquired information in cities of comparable size and refined the data collected.
educated college students in the distribution of face-to-face surveys.
- selected to produce research study for the public safety research institute on the james street improvement district (lancaster downtown business district) focusing on perceptions of crime and disorder, satisfaction with police, and quality of life.
of science in criminal justice; concentration in intelligence & crime
analysis, federal law enforcement, 2006
saint joseph's university, philadelphia, pa
- honors: cumulative gpa 3.9
bachelor of arts in sociology, criminology option; minor: psychology, 2004
millersville university, millersville, pa
- honors: cumulative gpa 3.5, major gpa 3.7, minor gpa 3.6, departmental honors, cum laude
- alpha epsilon lambda, graduate honor's society
- alpha kappa delta, international sociology honor society
- outstanding senior sociology/criminology student award
- who's who among american universities & colleges
- dean's list 2002-2004
<<first name>> <<last name>>
<<street address, suite #>>
<<city, state zip code>>
dear <<courtesy>> <<last name>>,
it is with great confidence that i offer my years of experience and strong ability in client services, project management & planning, quality control, and business analytics. as i pursue the <<position title>> within <<company name>>, i recognize that my credentials and experience would greatly assist in reaching future goals and objectives.
i am seeking a position within a fast-paced environment that can utilize and enhance my survey-based research expertise focusing on questionnaire design, development, and analysis in the areas of employee or market research. additionally, i have acquired experience in creating, deploying, and analyzing hard copy and internet surveys gained while working as a survey data analyst, research intern, and research assistant. in addition to my ability to coordinate projects and render deliverables, i am certain that my proficiency in office applications, along with my ability to communicate with internal and external personnel, stakeholders, and clients would be an asset to your team.
most of my career has consisted of coordinating projects of a complex, interrelated, and interdependent nature, where unknowns and numerous contingency factors are involved. with this experience, i formulate policies and procedures relevant to daily operations based on information of a conceptual nature from varied and complex sources.
i am an efficient team player who can be depended on to roll up my sleeves when the going gets rough. i bring to the table exceptional organizational, time management and problem solving skills and a proven capacity for meeting company objectives and demands with a high degree of tenacity. coupled with a flair for creativity and ability to critically evaluate situations, i feel confident that i have what it takes to hit the ground running and strengthen your organization.
if you feel there is a mutual interest, i would welcome the opportunity to meet with you to learn more about your company, the requirements of the position, and how my qualifications would be a good fit.
thank you in advance for your time and consideration. i look forward to hearing from you soon.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!