Highly accomplished Management Executive seeking to contribute analytical and leadership talents toward supporting a progressive organization in optimizing performance.
Seasoned Chief Financial Officer & Management Consultant offering outstanding expertise in strategic planning and development, risk analysis and management, policy/procedure development, and internal controls. Successfully directed numerous successful start-ups, turnarounds, and established companies. Proven skills in scrutinizing a company s operational processes, procedures, plans, expenses and controls to minimize risk and achieve exceptional levels of revenue growth.
- Tripled annual revenues for Premier Electrical Services from $3M to $9M within two years.
- Raised more than $15M in project financing for Transform LLC, including largest SBA 504 Debenture in Washington State history ($4M) and largest proforma-based project loan in bank s history ($9M+).
- Attained $250K in grants from Washington State Governor s Strategic Fund for Transform LLC.
- Authored Policies and Procedures manuals and instituted effective cost control measures to save more than $600K in first year for KLB Construction.
- Directed $26M bi-fuel distributed power generation and construction project for Sempra Energy Trading featuring largest single-project surety bond facility in company s history.
- Secured first-round venture financing of $600K on enterprise value of $4M for Swiftlink, Inc.
- Slashed annual interest expenses by $375K for joint construction and development venture by renegotiating credit lines and restructuring development debt, and effectively managed timber harvest permitting, regulatory compliance, and unique industry taxation issues.
- Resourcefully designed financial model and strategy for ePods that led to $17M in Series A and Series B venture funding and successful launch of company s web portal and product line.
- Improved operating line by $2.5M for Bellingham Marine Industries and significantly decreased fixed and revolving cost of funds by 75 basis points.
- Increased surety credit line for Bellingham Marine Industries by $5M and reduced surety cost by 52%.
- Eliminated annual operating overhead by $420K for Bellingham Marine Industries.
- Increased construction and development industry professional billings by nearly $250K annually for Moss Adams LLP.
Palmer Management Consulting, Bellingham Washington, 1996 to Present
Principal and Founder
- Steadily grew firm to produce $1M+ in annual consulting revenues from providing financial and business management services to clients in commercial construction, real estate/development, manufacturing, and technology industries.
- Function as interim senior financial officer alongside incumbent management teams at client sites, proficiently providing guidance and leadership with strategic planning, corporate accounting and tax strategies, financial administration and daily operations.
- Provide hands-on assistance with capital acquisition, growth management, risk management, business turnarounds and troubled debt restructuring.
Key Clients & Projects:
CFO, AquaSeed Corporation, Seattle, Washington, 2009 to Present
- Contributed vast business acumen toward guiding innovative emerging business by migrating practical management techniques to new industry and new technology.
- Expertly stabilized existing banking relationships and negotiated first-ever interstate third-party licensee contracts with forward priced value of more than $13M.
- Negotiated forward pricing commodities contracts and investment agreement with Canada's third largest grocery retailer representing total projected investment value of $54M+ over next 10 years.
- Collaboratively closed $1.5M in private equity financing and nearly $1M in private foundation grants in 2010.
Managing Member and CFO, Premier Electrical Services, LLC, Ferndale, Washington, 2006 to Present
- Direct broad-scope financial management operations with an emphasis in fortifying cost control, profit maximization, and continuous revenue growth.
- Negotiated unsecured $1M line of credit and $6M in surety credit.
CFO, Cabochon Construction/Transform LLC, Bellingham and Burlington Washington, 2005 to 2009
- Strategically transitioned entire staff and capital resources of $18.5M+ residential housing contractor to new start-up (Transform, LLC) offering state-of-the-art modular systems-built technology.
- Secured $1M working capital financing from Dept. of Community, Trade and Economic Development.
- Successfully secured $1.25M in revolving credit.
- Secured nearly $600K in tax deferrals under Rural Tax programs and $150K+ in tax grants for education.
- Spearheaded construction of manufacturing facility in Burlington, Washington utilizing world-class automation and achieving completion within strict timelines and $500K under budget.
CFO, KLB Construction, Mukilteo, WA, 2004 to 2005
- Collaboratively propelled annual revenues from $75M to $89M while establishing and implementing internal controls, streamlining external reporting, and stabilizing relationships with financial institutions.
- Analyzed and successfully settled over $4M in outstanding project claims.
Project Manager / Director of Real Estate, Trillium Corporation, Bellingham, Washington, 2003 to 2004
- Demonstrated exemplary versatility in driving project management, real estate entitlement, financial modeling, tax planning, managing government process, and strategic and tactical land planning.
- Orchestrated several multi-million dollar plats from initial planning through build-out.
- Championed successful land entitlements and development on $40M+ in real estate projects.
CFO C Subsidiary Operations, Valley Electric Co., Mt. Vernon, Washington, 2001 to 2003
- Initially contracted for six months to resolve internal control issues; accepted four successive contract extensions to oversee daily business, financial and HR functions for several subsidiary companies of $120M commercial and industrial electrical contractor.
- Seamlessly navigated merger and acquisition activity requiring precise consolidation of all acquired companies accounting systems, policies and procedures.
- Proactively created sustainable business models resulting in steady profits and repeatable growth of more than $4M annually.
Co-Founder and CFO, SwiftLink, Inc., Seattle, Washington, 1999 to 2001
- Negotiated first-ever exclusive national agreements with leading cell tower collocation companies and equipment installers, enabling Swiftlink to deploy quickly on a national scale.
Vice President of Finance, Bellingham Marine Industries, Inc., Bellingham, Washington, 1995 to 1996
CPA C Business Advisory Group Manager, Moss Adams, LLP, Bellingham, Washington, 1987 to 1995
Bachelor of Arts in Accounting, Honors, Western Washington University
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity as a <INSERT JOB TITLE> and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
I bring to you an extensive background in directing complex financial management operations, exemplary expertise in ensuring regulatory compliance and fortifying internal controls, proficiency in high-level management consulting, and outstanding talents in multimillion dollar project management. I also excel in securing financing for start-ups and drastically overhauling underperforming companies to achieve and sustain exponential revenue and profit growth. To complement these qualifications, I offer sharp organizational, planning, forecasting, and analytical skills which are paramount in top-level financial management.
In a <INSERT JOB TITLE> position, you will find me to be a driven professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance, prudence, integrity, and initiative. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to <insert name of organization>, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!