results-driven operations manager eager to contribute outstanding financial administration, strategic marketing, relationship management, and team leadership skills toward supporting the employer in optimizing operational and financial performance
ø offer strong concept development and management experience, with expertise in developing directing all aspects of business operations in a multi-unit retail environment
ø solid record of effective business / expansion planning, market analysis, p&l management, hr leadership, succession planning, and loss prevention
ø facilitate client-focused, service-oriented environment vital to maximizing customer satisfaction and retention; demonstrated ability to turn around under-performing business operations
ø proactively monitor industry trends and developments, including competitive services and marketing activities; effectively identify and capitalize on opportunities to penetrate and develop markets
ø successfully build and lead top-performing support teams; strategically plan and coordinate workflow and human resources for optimal coverage while containing labor costs
ø dynamic communication, presentation, and relationship management skills
~ key achievements ~
- played an integral role in developing and refining innovative concepts introducing exciting new in-store features to drive market penetration; developed sops, training materials, staffing models, and overall performance modeling for over 700 store locations including game rush, rock the block, outlet stores, outlet malls, perfect evening store, neighborhood entertainment store, and movie delivery concepts
- successfully coordinated launch of 300 game rush locations and led cross-functional team in site selection, store planning, construction, marketing, product delivery, and concept implementation
- generated an incremental $67.7m in tnr during first full year of operation of all 451 game rush locations
- expertly managed store remodel program affecting more than 400 locations and resulting in over $2m in operational and construction cost savings
- pioneered transition to store liquidation model to best cope with changing market demands and substantial loss of revenues; brought model refinement in-house and saved over $3m in consulting fees
- created new training materials for district manager and regional director positions, designed and implemented regional director orientation program, and oversaw ongoing updates of store-level training documentation
- granted numerous awards at the managerial level, including best financial performance (1999, 2000, 2001, 2002), district leader all-star award (2001, 2002), most valuable player award (1995), and above and beyond award for financial success and operational excellence (1994)\
- awarded a heartland emmy for educational community service project in conjunction with wfaa / channel 8 news; developed video entitled little weather watchers and placed as a free rental in dallas / ft. worth area stores
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy page 2
blockbuster, inc., dallas, tx 1993 c present
national sales development director & loss prevention director (2010 c present)
director of strategic deployment (2008 c 2010)
loss prevention manager (2007 c 2008)
director of operations development (2006 c 2007)
director of operations implementation & concept integration (2005 c 2006)
director of multi-brand operations (2004 c 2005)
director of operations development c strategic concepts (2002 c 2004)
district manager (1997 c 2002)
regional merchandise manager (1995 c 1997)
store manager (1994 c 1995)
assistant manager (1993 c 1994)
- in recognition of outstanding performance, steadily progressed within company to gain valuable hands-on experience in all aspects of business operations; entrusted with developing programs to increase sales nationwide in multiple categories as well as overseeing loss prevention
- establish partnership programs with game publishers to ensure ongoing development with company growth targets and the management of store portfolio optimization strategic plans related specifically to store relocations, downsizing and closures, and new concept implementation
- work closely with publishers, sales representatives, buyers, public relations firms, and support personnel to develop in-store programs around new releases and maximize return on specific titles; in addition to national programs, create market-specific initiatives, including competitive responses and programs catering to struggling locations
- team with all departments, including human resources, training, loss prevention, and game, to ensure operations are aligned with corporate objectives; facilitate internal communications regarding policy changes, program announcements, and company initiatives
- as loss prevention director, maintain store security and minimize loss of company assets by developing and implementing security procedures, creating inventory control systems, conducting investigations, and overseeing operations audits
- oversaw all store functions related to acquisitions, downsizing, development, closing, and emergency response procedures as director of strategic deployment; transitioned store closing model to liquidation model
~ additional experience ~
shift manager, babbage s computer store, omaha, ne 1992 c 1993
team lead, sitel telecommunications, omaha, ne 1992 c 1993
university of nebraska, kearney, ne 1992
b.a. in business administration, marketing emphasis
hiring agent name
i am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity as a insert specific job title and am submitting my resume for your review. in advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
as demonstrated in the accompanying resume, my professional qualifications include extensive experience driving business operations in highly competitive environments. throughout my tenure with blockbuster, i have been actively involved in numerous concept development and rollout initiatives aimed to increase revenues and market penetration. i excel at leading top-performing support teams and am adept at monitoring business performance to proactively address potential issues and cut costs. my unique blend of operational management, financial administration, and interpersonal relations skills has consistently proven instrumental in my ability to exceed expectations. to complement this background i hold a bachelor s degree in business administration.
as an employee, you will find me to be a driven team player committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance. i am confident that i could be a valuable asset to insert company name, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
i would like to thank you for providing me the opportunity to interview with you and discuss the exciting insert specific job title position currently available with your company. having gained a deeper insight into the job requirements and your objectives, i am confident you will find me a valuable asset in achieving your goals.
as discussed, i am an enthusiastic, disciplined team player eager to launch a successful career as a dedicated member of your staff. i believe you will find my superior strategic planning, project management, and team leadership skills vital to your operations and look forward to contributing to your success.
should you have any additional questions, or to discuss future employment opportunities, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. again, thank you for the enlightening interview. i look forward to your response.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!