Dedicated Educator and Master s Candidate eager to contribute exceptional teaching, leadership, and program administration expertise toward supporting a dynamic school in achieving goals and objectives.
Substantial experience in the education arena with proficiency in teaching, tutoring, curriculum planning and development, classroom management, and academic enrichment programs.
Adept at managing budgets and advancing educational directives through innovative programs, projects, and initiatives.
Apply professional demeanor toward positively representing the school to the community, playing a key role in building critical relationships.
Able to effectively integrate technology into curricular initiatives to enhance delivery, impact, and comprehension of lessons.
Resourcefully leverage a variety of teaching approaches and strategies to accommodate students diverse needs and learning styles.
Establish supportive and comfortable learning environment to foster the academic, social, and cognitive growth of students.
Sound knowledge of supervisory practices, classroom management strategies, and appropriate student discipline.
Able to plan, develop and administer curriculum and lesson plans tailored to students' age, needs and ability levels.
Superior multi-tasking abilities; gracefully balance competing and simultaneous priorities.
Bladen Community College, Dublin, NC, 2009 to Present
WIA / ARRA Summer Youth Program Coordinator for JobLink
- Direct and administer Workforce Investment Act/American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (WIA/ARRA) Summer Youth Program to prepare youth for work readiness.
- Apply exemplary leadership talents toward managing and mentoring program counselors.
- Establish strong relationships with community employers, critical to securing valuable employment opportunities for program participants.
- Conduct in-depth assessments to determine applicant eligibility for program.
- Continually assess program effectiveness to ensure continuity and optimum outcomes.
Oak Grove Elementary School, Durham, NC, 2009
- Prepared students for End of Grade Exam by providing individualized tutoring services.
Johnston Community College, Smithfield, NC, 2008
- Delivered curriculum in Math and Algebra, administered exams, and maintained attendance records.
- Accurately evaluated student comprehension and progress.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Fayetteville State University, Fayetteville, NC, 2007 to 2008
Professional Math Tutor for Educational Talent Search
- Tutored 700+ students in three counties, guiding 85% of students to realize excellent academic improvements.
- Supported, empowered and motivated 100+ high school seniors to enroll in college or university.
- Identified students academic deficiencies and formulated instructional strategies to improve comprehension and retention of information.
Academic Advisor for Educational Talent Search
- Exercised proficiency in goal setting to support 85% of students in advancing to next grade and 90% of high school seniors in graduating and commencing post-secondary education.
- Facilitated academic support workshops for students and parents covering topics such as career exploration, standardized test preparation, and study skills.
- Provided student counseling, administered career assessments, and closely reviewed transcripts to determine academic struggles as well as annual progress.
Brodgen Middle School, Durham, NC, 2006 to 2007
North Carolina Mathematics, Science & Education Network Advisor
6th and 8th Grade Math and Science Instructor
- Leveraged excellent interpersonal skills to achieve 90% student participation in Saturday Academy Sessions at UNC-Chapel Hill.
- Administered Mathematics and Science lesson plans in accordance with curriculum objectives and outlines.
- Established and maintained excellent rapport with students, parents and faculty.
Otis L. Hairston Middle School, Greensboro, NC, 2005 to 2006
6th Grade Math and Science Instructor
- Led efforts for school to achieve Adequate Yearly Progress for first time in five years.
- Effectively prepared students to pass End or Grade exams in Mathematics and Science by explaining Pre-Algebra and Earth Science topics using a practical approach.
Master s in Education Administration, Strayer University, Raleigh, NC, anticipated graduation 2009
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, North Carolina A&T State University, 2005
SAEOPP (Southeastern Association of Educational Opportunity Program Personnel) Priority I
Record Keeping; Reporting of Student and Project Performance; Evaluation of Project Performance in Order to Design and Operate a Model TRIO Project.
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!