skilled professional poised for advancement in the security/hazardous material and safety management. strong leader with ability to identify the vision and fuse resources to accomplish the vision in minimal time. mastery of control, inventory, and removal of hazardous materials. visionary with the fortitude to lead 47+ subordinate personnel and formulate policies according to established standards.
craftmaster / manager, 2006 to 2008
maintained personnel safety policy, safety manual, proper safety and health training documentation and the necessary recordkeeping.
led in the establishment of rules and policies designed to promote safety and health, accident prevention, hazard awareness, safe navigation, and maintenance of two navy warping tugs.
held all soldiers responsible to promote and ensure proper safety training, engage accident investigations, and hazard control.
engaged in leadership, efficiency, and management functions that resulted in several army/navy accolades.
- dismantled devices to access and remove defective parts as competent maintenance manager accountable for 98% on recent maintenance inspection.
security watch commander/waterborne security supervisor, 2002 to 2005
directed the professional success of 33 sailors and 14 dod officers.
generated clear and concise incident reports based on prompt resolution of problems, issues, and concerns.
implemented urinalysis functions that promote a drug-free environment and combat drug abuse which undermines readiness, health, safety, discipline, and loyalty.
headed up security during 4 department of energy nuclear fuel shipments by implementing a proven knowledge of restricted waterways and creeks.
- increased retention by 90% and enhanced internal promotion by 80% through precise and proper preparation of soldiers through leadership and guidance.
- spearheaded efforts of guiding, mentoring, supervising, and leading sailors in 100+ emergency service calls, 250 random anti-terrorism measures, and 80 incident complaint reports.
hazardous material control and management (hmc&m) technician, 1998 to 2002
managed identification, removal, packaging, transportation, or disposal of hazardous materials.
oversaw location and proper use of spill kits.
collaborated with engineering department and utilized expertise to find methods to reduce unnecessary hazardous materials.
headed up command success during final contract trial inspection.
- performed analysis of 12 fuel trucks contents to ensure they were water and sediment free before refueling planes on the base.
- produced hics database to centralize 1000+ recognized hazardous items; maintained a variety of logs and reports demonstrating use of materials.
page 1 of 1
hazardous material control and management (hmc&m) technician training
- u s navy specialist in law enforcement / ma a. military
- morse code operator
- chemical biological protection and decontamination training,
- m-16 m-500
- 9mm weapons safety
- dod information assurance
- sexual assault response and prevention (sarp)
- operations security - the next generation
- intro suicide prevention
- code of conduct
- navy's fraternization policy
- equal opportunity training
- personal financial management
- drug and alcohol abuse prevention
- diversity training
- operational risk management
- trafficking in persons (basic)
- situational leadership i and ii
- mishap reduction
- naval safety supervisor
- facility response team leader (frt)
- primary leadership development program manager (mtt)
- evaluation/fitness reporting
- listening for higher purposes
- effective presentation and delivery
- problem solving and decision making in groups
- contentious tactics and conflict escalation
- system-thinking models and thinking skills
- coaching for performance
- the personal approach in delegation
- the leader as a model
- bloodborne pathogen training
- hearing conservation training
activities & affiliations
- volunteer, combined federal campaign representative for a 174 company personnel
- volunteer, 8 hours a month to read to elementary students at white oaks
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!