Results-focused professional eager to contribute operations leadership, personnel management, and consulting expertise toward supporting an organization in optimizing performance.
Methodical problem solver with a solid track record of executing innovative and strategic solutions to meet defined business goals and needs.
Highly versatile; easily adapt to new roles, responsibilities, challenges, and environments.
Efficiently develop and execute strategic policies, procedures, processes, and methodologies to optimize organizational performance.
Advanced skills in budgeting, forecasting, negotiating, project/team leadership, and performing full spectrum of accounting functions.
Adept at performing complex financial and operational analysis to support short-term and long-range strategic plans and operating budgets.
Able to effectively scrutinize and evaluate opportunities for profitability and financial risk.
First-rate skills in staff management including training, motivation, and performance evaluations.
Unity National Bank, Houston, Texas, 1995 to Present
Senior Vice President & Cashier
Bank Secrecy (BSA) Officer
Compliance & Security Officer
- Promoted from role as Vice President & Cashier to spearhead daily Bank operations including comprehensive accounting functions.
- Apply sharp organizational skills toward defining short- and long-term objectives, forming administrative and operational policies, and ensuring timely completion of month-end financial statements, analyses and regulatory reports.
- Relied upon to manage and control Bank s daily cash position, liquidity, non-interest income, and operating expenses.
- Proactively support continuous improvement and advancement by directing research, selection, acquisition, and implementation of new/revised systems, equipment, methods and documentation.
- Employ outstanding multi-tasking expertise to efficiently balance and supervise New Accounts, Call Center Customer Service, Research, Teller, Accounting, Security and Facilities areas.
- As Compliance Officer, steer strict adherence to legal requirements, train personnel in procedures, coordinate audits, and administer bank regulatory (OCC) exams.
- Concurrently function as BSA Officer and tasked with managing risk assessment efforts, filing reports, maintaining exemptions, and driving compliance with CIP (customer information plan) and OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets and Controls).
- Exhibited proficiency in facilities management, disaster recovery planning, and Bank security administration.
Self-employed, 2006 to Present
Consultant C Barbara Jordan Child Development Center (2007 to Present)
Provide consultative leadership specializing in financial administration, policy and procedure development, operations analysis, and regulatory compliance..
Elevated staff cohesiveness, productivity, performance and morale by assembling policy and procedural manual for employees.
Championed procedures for increasing enrollment, bringing tax filings up-to-date, improving staff retention, controlling operating expenses, and determining equipment needs.
Successfully increased enrollment by 50% in one year, reduced outstanding receivables by 65% and eliminated initial operating debt.
Exercise superior financial acumen in closely monitoring monthly financial data, enrollment statistics, and budget adherence.
Unified staff and parents through regular team meetings, monthly newsletter, and parent handbook.
Consultant C The Vue On The Bayou / Hope For Families Management, LLC (2006 to Present)
Strategically plan and orchestrate special events to establish income-generating banquet room for organization.
Analyze and compile marketing plan, goals and objectives, and leverage creative thinking abilities to coordinate website development and visually-appealing brochures.
Perform full scope of event management functions from meeting with clients and signing contracts to overseeing room decorations.
Diligently review and evaluate monthly financial performance to ensure maximum profitability.
VP C Customer Service Manager, First Interstate Bank of Texas, N.A., Houston, Texas, 1994 to 1999
VP & Cashier; VP of Operations; AVP of Accounting, Med Center Bank C Houston, Texas, 1980 to 1994
United Negro College Fund
National Bankers Association
Houston Area Urban League
Vice Chairman, South Central Community Health Care
Financial Secretary, Hope For Families
Chairman, Houston Community Center For the Performing & Visual Arts
BBA Degree, Major in Accounting, Texas Southern University, Houston, Texas
Graduate of University of South Carolina Investment School I
Sheshunoff BSA Certification
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!