patient-focused licensed practical nurse focused on providing safe and quality patient care. dynamic communicator and persuasive speaker, able to forge meaningful associations with patients and colleagues. talent to identify the needs of patients and to encourage a risk-free, positive atmosphere to meet those needs. organized, responsible and caring individual. demonstrate respect and compassion in caring for others. consistently hard working and accepts constructive feedbacks. strong belief in teamwork, evidence-based nursing practices, critical thinking, and holistic care to provide safe and high quality patient care.
licensed practical nursing / medical terminology / adult & geriatric populations
written & verbal communication / infection control standards / clinical experience
patient relations / customer service / pregnancy and pre-natal populations
private home health care, alexandria, va
home health care aide, 03/2009 c present
perform nursing and nursing-related tasks, such as monitoring vital signs and medication, collecting specimens, bathing, feeding, repositioning, and administering bedside and personal care, such as ambulation and personal hygiene assistance. maintain records of client progress and services performed, reporting changes in client condition to manager or supervisor.
- perform housekeeping duties, such as cooking, cleaning, washing clothes and dishes, and running errands.
- care for individuals and families during periods of incapacitation, family disruption or convalescence, providing companionship, personal care and help in adjusting to new lifestyles.
- participate in case reviews, consulting with the team caring for the client, to evaluate the client's needs and plan for continuing services.
- transport clients to locations outside the home, such as to physicians' offices or on outings, and train family members to provide bedside care.
arbaminch hospital, ethiopia
nurse, 09/2001 c 12/2004
observed patients, charting and reporting changes in patients' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action. provided basic patient care and treatments, such as taking temperatures or blood pressures, dressing wounds, treating bedsores, giving enemas, rubbing with alcohol, massaging, or performing catheterizations.
- provided care for newborns and mothers including immunization, labor monitoring ante partum, intrapartum, and postpartum such as labor progress, contraction progression, and fetal heartbeat.
- administered prescribed medications (im, id, sc, and po) or start intravenous fluids, and note times and amounts on patients' charts.
- managed emergencies such as cardiac, pulmonary, or respiratory failure and hemorrhage.
- measured and recorded patients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration.
- collaborated with health care team to assess patient needs, plan and modify care and implement interventions as needed.
- collect samples such as blood, urine and sputum from patients, and perform routine laboratory tests on samples.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy | page 2 of 2
professional experience continued .
e& c enterprise petroleum, woodbridge, va as store manager, 07/2007 c 07/2008
education / certification / licensure
medical learning center, arlington, virginia, 08/2008 c 10/2009
certificate of lpn
hosanna school of nursing, ethiopia, 2000 c 2001
diploma of midwife nursing
cpr; certificate of completion of practical nurse; cna
foreign country diploma of junior nursing
current va lpn license
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!