Performance-driven Payroll Specialist eager to contribute expertise toward supporting the employer in optimizing payroll, benefit and labor/employee-related operations.
Excel in payroll and benefits management for both union and non-union environments with proficiency in wage determination, regulatory compliance, garnishments/deductions, employment law, and payroll taxes.
Adept at training and development, conflict resolution, expatriate payroll, project management, human resources, and consulting.
Proven success in interpreting and enforcing employment laws and achieving positive employee relations, vital to maximizing retention and productivity.
Diligently analyze, develop and execute innovative administrative policies and procedures to streamline operations, control or reduce expenses, and optimize efficiency.
Able to work both independently and collaboratively, maintain confidentiality of files and documents, and sound judgment in daily endeavors.
Deltek, Inc., Herndon, VA, 2006 to Present
Acting Principal Consultant, Human Capital Management
- As subject matter expert for Costpoint People module, spearhead design and configuration for complex internal reengineering project.
- Direct, supervise, motivate and manage application consulting team.
- Oversee Labor/Leave/Payroll/HR/TESS functional aspects of project from design through go-live.
Senior Consultant, Human Capital Management
- Coordinate design, configuration, testing and implementation of all HCM applications and efficiently manage daily project tasks.
- Exercise keen attention to detail in reviewing union contracts, Service Contract Act and Davis-Bacon Act contracts to ensure appropriate Costpoint configuration.
General Consultant, Human Capital Management
- Served as Lead Human Capital Management consultant on first Costpoint 6 implementation of HR/Benefits and Payroll, training and advising clients in solution s HR/Benefits, Employee Self-Service, Payroll, Labor and Leave Management modules.
Regions Financial Corp., Birmingham, AL, 2005 to 2006
Vice President, Payroll Manager
- Applied sharp leadership talents toward managing 14 employees in payroll processing, payroll tax accounting, reporting and records management encompassing 27,000 personnel across 16 states.
- Closely partnered with HR field managers to assist employees affected by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita in receiving financial assistance, including wage payment extensions and emergency funds.
- Meticulously applied income tax withholdings in accordance with Internal Revenue Code and state revenue statutes.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
ChexPlus, Inc., Ocala, Florida 2004 to 2005
Human Resources / Payroll Consultant
Provided HR, payroll, and compliance consulting services to small and mid-sized businesses, exhibiting proficiency in client needs analysis, software selection, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
Participated in payroll system conversion for major credit card services company acquired by another financial institution.
Contributed to development of human resources, benefits and payroll departments for client company comprised of approximately 500 employees.
The Villages of Lake-Sumter, Inc., The Villages, Florida, 2000 to 2004
Manager, Payroll Services
Chosen by largest single-site residential developer nationwide to oversee payroll operations for diverse business enterprises including largest active retirement community in Florida.
Accurately and efficiently processed wages, deductions and withholdings for 2,500 employees.
Reliably prepared and filed all tax information documents and processed tax deposits.
Supervised, mentored and directed senior payroll administrator and two payroll clerks.
Introduced Kronos iSeries automated time and attendance system which slashed manual input of wage and time data by as much as 90%.
Decreased processing errors in half by encouraging staff to participate in distance learning and specialized training.
Recognized for outstanding job performance with two Reach for the Stars awards.
Conducted in-depth analysis of all job descriptions to ensure proper exemption classifications according to Fair Labor Standards Act.
Captured $30K in annual savings by transitioning majority of employees from weekly to bi-weekly pay schedule.
Enrolled additional 800 employees in paycheck direct deposit program to reduce processing costs by $35K.
Implemented automated tax filings and EFT submissions of multi-state child support garnishments to reduce misapplications of funds received by child support agencies.
Costpoint HRMS v. 6.1; Deltek Time & Expense with ESS; COGNOS8; COGNOS Impromptu; SQLTalk; Enterprise Manager; Ultipro Payroll, PeopleSoft HRMS, JD Edwards Payroll, Great Plains Dynamics Accounting, Timberline Gold and Medallion, CCS Accounting, Peachtree Complete Accounting, Kronos iSeries and Workforce Central Time and Attendance, Ceridian Timekeeping, Microsoft Office Suite; ADP, Ceridian and Paychex
Certified Payroll Professional, American Payroll Association, San Antonio, Texas, 2001
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a payroll management capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in the accompanying resume, I offer a solid background in payroll and benefits administration, proficiency in consulting and project management, and considerable expertise in employee relations, wage determination, and driving full-scope payroll management operations. To complement these qualifications, I offer strong experience in personnel training and development and an advanced understanding of payroll tax requirements, policies and procedures.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a driven professional committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance and leadership attributes. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your company, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!