ambitious professional with a 10+ year proven track record of demonstrating success and progressive administrative, customer service, marketing, and management expertise. implement business acumen including, assessment of human resources, management goals and objectives, training needs and development. apply deductive reasoning, conflict resolution, negotiation, problem sensitivity and evaluation, and sound decision making. possess exceptional organizational assessment abilities and interpersonal attributes combined with a fiery determination to succeed. consistently create lasting relationships with people from diverse cultures and professional backgrounds. interact with cross-functional professionals to achieve maximum motivation, collaboration, and efficacy.
student service administration / enrollment / recruitment and retention / event planning
workshop coordination & facilitation / academic counseling / public relations / marketing
technical competencies include ms office suites 2007, groupwise, eudora, novell, banner, quattro pro, publisher and other internet databases and applications; state of wisconsin, national notary.
master of arts in counseling, lakeland college, sheboygan, wisconsin, 2009
bachelors degree in public relations, university of washington, seattle, washington, 1995
of state employees relations, madison, wi
chief proctor (part-time), 2003 c present
- successfully administer city, county, local, and state examination to single test takers and groups up to 250 individuals.
- ensure all students are provided a testing environment conducive to quality testing practices.
- demonstrate skill resulting in quick promotion from assistant proctor and deliver examinations with accuracy and integrity in test explanation, cohesiveness, flow and test safe guard.
cardinal stritch university c deans office, madison, wisconsin
counseling practicum intern, 2009
- provided academic information and guidance key to an effective advising system, and developed knowledge of general and specific course and degree requirements as they apply to associate, bachelor's and master's students.
- assisted students to plan course schedules, in aiding them when they encounter academic difficulties, and in thinking through with them their overall course programs and their concentration plans.
- held responsible for understanding, conforming to, and implementing the rules and regulations of the educational institution while functioning as counselor and advocate.
- facilitated group meetings and conferences for class representative meetings, probationary students, and other student personnel concerns.
state of wisconsin/etf, madison, wi
trust funds assistant ii, 2008 c 2009
- assessed the eligibility of applicants according to hics/webs data, inquired about missing information, and rejected applications that did not meet the standards for eligibility.
- successfully maintained a 97% accuracy rate when processing medicare & cobra applications.
- collaborated with navitus and pharmacies while processing medical forms for rx benefits.
- generated a policy/procedure manual to advise newly hired personnel in established work protocol.
page 1 of 2
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy | page 2 of 2
cuna mutual group, madison, wi
retirement service counselor, 2005 c 2007
- met the needs of clients as they inquired about benefits, retirement, and financial investments.
- successfully obtained a 100% quality assurance score during project progression.
- directed the success of newly hired representatives and advised, mentored, and instructed them on the ins and outs of the industry.
- researched technical benefits issues, processed transactions, and offered support to end users utilizing the benefitsforyou.com system.
university of wisconsin c madison, madison, wi
program assistant, 2004 c 2005
demonstrated organizational ability as project assistant for the director and 7 brand managers.
generated regional marketing materials for wisc including developing the content for brochures and flyers; reviewed the content of the national website and ensured information remained current.
handled a variety of ancillary assignments including tracking an electronic calendar, event and freshman orientation (soars) planning.
engaged in public relations with internal and external staff and headed up multiple projects for the department and campus-wide communities.
facilitated a variety of conferences in the wisconsin union including catering, accommodations, and logistics.
city of madison, madison, wi
public events assistant, 2004 c 2005
headed up and facilitated city sponsored events on the city of madison square to include: maxwell street days, cows on the concourse, and artfair on the square.
a variety of projects through effective marketing measures, generating brochures, coordinating logistics, budget
administration, and collaborating with other individuals supporting such
crawford & company, sandy springs, ga
client services associate sr., 2001 c 2003
- held accountable for processing worker's compensation, general liability, product liability, and auto liability claims with 99% accuracy.
- organized medical exams and additional patient testing to validate claims on behalf of 3rd-party payers, clinics, and hospitals.
- enhanced the professional success of customer service representatives in a fast-paced claims management environment by offering training and professional development courses.
- consistently recognized with 8 elite service award based on superior customer service skills.
experience within georgia state university as an administrative assistant
(disability services) and testing center coordinator for highline
affiliations & awards
• mentor, mentoring positives, inc., 2009
• member, acpa (college student educators international), 2008
• state of wisconsin, national notary commission, 2008
• crawford & company elite representative award, 2001 c 2002
• bank of america star award winner,1998
• senior thesis portfolio award, university of washington, 1994
• member, university of washington alumni association
• member, women in communications (theta sigma phi)
<<first name>> <<last name>>
<<street address, suite #>>
<<city, state zip code>>
dear <<courtesy>> <<last name>>,
it is with great confidence that i offer my years of experience and strong ability in administration in a higher institution environment. as i pursue the <<position title>> within <<company name>>, i recognize that my credentials and experience would greatly assist your organization in reaching future goals and objectives. i possess a bachelor of arts in public relations and recently completed my master of arts in counseling with a higher education emphasis.
i am seeking a position within a fast-paced company that can utilize my expertise in coordinating testing, counseling, and public relations. additionally, i have acquired experience in client services and trained other professionals in building strong client relations. in addition to my ability to train other professionals, i am certain that my proficiency in leadership, along with my ability to communicate with internal/external team members, external stakeholders, and upper management would be an asset to your team.
most of my career has consisted of completing operations of a complex, interrelated, and interdependent nature, where unknowns and numerous contingency factors are involved. with this experience, i formulate policies and procedures relevant to daily operations based on information of a conceptual nature from varied and complex sources.
i am an efficient team player who can be depended on to roll up my sleeves when the going gets rough. i bring to the table exceptional organizational, time management and problem solving skills and a proven capacity for meeting company objectives and demands with a high degree of tenacity. coupled with a flair for efficiency and ability to critically evaluate situations, i feel confident that i have what it takes to hit the ground running and strengthen your organization.
if you feel there is a mutual interest, i would welcome the opportunity to meet with you to learn more about your organization, the requirements of the position, and how my qualifications would be a good fit. thank you in advance for your time and consideration. i look forward to hearing from you soon.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!